News:

In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

Magazines

Started by Matt Ottosen, August 19, 2009, 05:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Harris

Congratulations Jay. That is a major accomplishment and well deserved.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Dave S.

Joe & Jay,

A well deserved congratulations to both of you!  Quite the month of December for members of our group!!

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Scott Youmans on December 22, 2012, 06:58:55 PM
Great work Jay!

Hang on now Mr. Humble Youmans. It comes to my attention the four of your images were chosen in the "Military Fighters 1" category for AW&ST magazine. Now two AzAP members are properly recognized. Add in Joe's tremendous recognition in Air Forces Monthly and Warthog News - we have a terrific trifecta. Well done all.

CORRECTION - I am informed that two of Messrs. Youmans images were also selected in the "Rotorcraft / Tiltrotors" category. It should also be noted that Messrs. Beckman had a second image chosen for the "Airshow Finalists" category in addition to his cover shot. That's a total of eight images from two of AzAP's preeminent shooters selected by AW&ST for publication in their annual Photography Contest. I take great pride to know I get to rub shoulders with such talented folks.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Jeff Welker on December 22, 2012, 08:06:16 PM
Quote from: Scott Youmans on December 22, 2012, 06:58:55 PM
Great work Jay!

Hang on now Mr. Humble Youmans. It comes to my attention the four of your images were chosen in the Military Jets 1 category for AW&ST magazine. Now two AzAP members are properly recognized. Add in Joe's tremendous recognition in Warthog News and we have a terrific trifecta. Well done all.

CORRECTION - I am also informed that two of Messrs. Youmans images were also selected in the "Rotorcraft / Tiltrotors" category. I'm also informed that Messrs. Beckman had a second image chosen for the "Airshow Finalists" category in addition to his cover shot. That's a total of eight images from two of AzAP's preeminent shooters selected by AW&ST for publication in their annual Photography Contest. I take great pride to know I get to rub shoulders with such talented folks.

For clarification, the contest I won was through Air Forces Monthly.  Warthog News just posted about it since it was an A-10 shot.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Joe Copalman on December 22, 2012, 08:13:36 PM
For clarification, the contest I won was through Air Forces Monthly.  Warthog News just posted about it since it was an A-10 shot.

Thanks for the clarification Joe - sorry about my misstatement. That being said, it appears your image was recognized in two publications. A double congrats is in order  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Congrats Scott!  I just saw that expanded list!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Chris Janes

Congrats to the Three Amigos! Nice work all..

Scott Youmans

Wow guys!  Where is this list posted?  I am completely in the dark.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jay Beckman

Larry Grace posted it on the ISAP Facebook page (informal) and its also on the Mustang Air To Air thread on Fred Miranda

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/600984/3466
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Dave S.

Quote from: Jay Beckman on December 22, 2012, 04:27:21 PM
This will be the cover shot of the 2012 Aviation Week & Space Technology Photography and Art issue...

My copy of AvWeek's Photography & Art issue just arrived, looking quite splendid with Jay's shot on the cover.
www.roxphotography.com

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Joe Copalman

Does this issue answer Scott's question as to whether his winning images were published as well?
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Dave S.

Yes, it should.  Can check/verify when I get back home.
www.roxphotography.com

Scott Youmans

I haven't seen a printed copy but what I saw online indicates that other than Jay's cover shot, none of the finalist's photos were featured. Only first, second, and third places.  I guess "finalist" doesn't imply winning in a tangible way. Oh well.  Major congratulations to Jay though.  Very cool.  I think I'd rather have the cover shot than a prize!

Still not sure what all of those sub-catagories that were listed on the ISAP page were all about. The AW&ST magazine (online version) has no such catagories.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved