THE DISPATCH The Official Magazine of the Commemorative Air Force
June 2008 | Volume 33 | Number 5: page 14
"MAID in the SHADE Ready to take to the Air" by Dennis Sturm
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Matt Ottosen

THE DISPATCH The Official Magazine of the Commemorative Air Force
August 2009 | Volume 34 | Number 8: Back Cover
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Dave S.

Okay, here's my ONLY success so far.  This was my first ever entry into the AvWeek photo contest, back in 2007.  Although it didn't win, it did appear on the cover in a collage of 'finalists'; lower left corner just above the subscription label.  The cover of said issue is now framed on my wall,  :).
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

BillOz

Dave,

I'd say being on the cover of AvWeek is a win in itself.

BTW, this years AvWeek Photo Contest is taking entries until the beginning of October.  Get your entries in guys.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

BillOz

Here's a photo of the F-15C Demo bird during practice for Aviation Nation 2006.
If you are not familiar with this, it is a afterburner malfunction event.  Did no apparent harm, the pilot kept flying his demo routine.

This photo was in Aircraft Illustrated, and Combat Aircraft, both are United Kingdom magazines.

My only other published photos are in a car magazine, back about 1986.  Some magazine devoted to Mopars.  I had a full 4-5 page spread with about 8-12 photos of the only two 4 door Hemi cars ever made.  That is until they put the new generation Hemi in everything Dodge makes today.  But the new Hemi just doesn't compare to the originals.  Those were done with slide film, whatever that is.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Jay Beckman

Very worthy submissions by all...

My only claim(s) to fame are getting three shots published in the Richmond-Times Dispatch (Virginia) accompanying an article on the guy who's the Cheif Spotter for NASCAR on FOX and I also had an environmental portrait of FOXs Senior Audo Mixer published along with an interview of him in MIX Magazine, a trade publication for the audio and broadcast industry.

Nothing with any aviation content, YET!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Joe Copalman

Same boat here - no aviation photos published in a magazine YET.

I did have a photo I took of some wheat published as the cover shot of a Norwegian Christian magazine.  Sounds cool until you realize there are only like a dozen Christians in Norway.   
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Quote from: Joe Copalman on August 21, 2009, 11:55:08 PM

I did have a photo I took of some wheat published as the cover shot of a Norwegian Christian magazine.  Sounds cool until you realize there are only like a dozen Christians in Norway.   

I shouldn't laugh at anything with a religious bent to it but, sorry, this one about made iced tea exit the nostrils...   :o  ;D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Joe Copalman on August 21, 2009, 11:55:08 PM

Joe, there's probably more Christians in Norway than you think.  The Church of Norway confesses the Lutheran Christian faith, and the constitutional head of the Church is the King of Norway (who is obliged to profess himself a Lutheran).  You never know, maybe the King saw your photo!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

CJPalmer

The closest thing to a published photo I have are a couple photos used for ads. One photo was one of our customers aircraft that was put up for sale and the other is a photo that I took of my company's lobby where some aircraft parts are used for art (DC-9 fuselage used for the front desk and DC-3 tail hanging over the desk).

Rob Silliman

Two photo's published - neither aviation related.

An underwater picture of my daughter - published in the June 2009 issue of Popular Photography;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rob-the-org/2757628169/

And a picture of one of my best friends down at the Titan Missile Museum - published in his book about the History of Canadian Nuclear Weapon's;

Picture - http://www.flickr.com/photos/rob-the-org/2269049745/

Book - http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Love-Bomb-Canadas-Nuclear/dp/1574886169/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226952546&sr=8-1

jslugman

One of my favorites. SATA A310-300 CS-TGV "Autonomia" landing during severe crosswind conditions at Lajes Field, Azores. Sustained winds of 25knots, gusts to 40 w/ severe wind shear reported at runway level (US military flights had been canceled for some time). Planted hard, no wing dip to line up, took off an hour later for Mexico City.

Published in 65th ABW Crossroads newsletter and website and "acquired" by the local Portuguese paper with a notorious reputation for the practice.

First published aviation photo, again in the 65th ABW paper of British Air Boeing 777-236 C-VIIT declaring an IFE while enroute to London for a passenger medical emergency.

James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Matt Ottosen

Here it is, my first cover!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ