News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Sedona airport for breakfast

Started by scottcolbath, May 02, 2012, 08:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottcolbath

I needed some "Helmet Time". I've been riding less lately, for reasons I can not understand or explain. All I know is I needed to get out on one of my bikes.

The weapon of choice today.

I made my way through the high country ranches I've passed a thousand times and arrive in Prescott. I'm greeted by this.......Steampunk meeds biodiesel?

I blow through Prescott. It's only 8:00 in the morning. I figured I'd see what is happening in Jerome when I get there. Here is what I find.

What's funny is that I tried to get a shot of the car alone, before the old dude came out of the post office, but some dude got in the way of the shot, so I stopped. The dude was Maynard James Keenan. He was going in the post office as the old dude was coming out. Maynard's wine shop is only a couple doors down from where I got that shot.

Maynard also owns another store in Jerome I have yet to visit.

From Jerome, it's down the hill to Clarkdale, Az. A cool little town. They have an historic district with some very cool old homes, which are all restored and well maintained.

I love this old building. I'd like to use it as a backdrop for a shoot of a car or something.

Off to Sedona's airport for breakfast at the Mesa Grill. It's a new building since I was there last. They have gone somewhat upscale. Nice place and the food was decent.
Oh, and there's a "Hundred Dollar Burger" on the menu, which I found humorous.  ;D

Ricotta pancakes. Not bad.

After that, I basically backtracked my way home with a stop for gas and the lookout on Yarnell Hill.

Overall, a nice ride. 250+ miles. Cool temps and no cops. The asphalt on highway 89 over Mingus mountain is in great shape and made for some great railing in both directions.

S.C.

phxtoad

Nice 'Busa, Scott.  Great shots.  You hit all our favorite towns.  I'd love to make that trip on my SV, but she's kinda old and a bit cantankerous.  Not sure I'd ever run her that long at highway speeds.  Ohh but the twisties on 89...  I loved that stretch back when I had my Bandit 1200S.  Thanks for the post...

Todd
Todd Lawrence

Rank Amateur at just about everything.