Boeing 767-200ER MMTT Jupiter FAC 1202 Fuerza Aerea Colombiana

bill word
Tucson, AZ

bilwor

Boeing C-17A Globemaster III RAF ZZ178 99 Squadron RAF Brize Norton

bill word
Tucson, AZ

bilwor

Fairchild A-10C Thunderbolt II-Warthog 79-0152 BD 47th FS Dogpatchers Barksdale AFB
One of 10 A-10C's from the 47th FS at Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, participating in the 'Rim of the Pacific' (RIMPAC) 2012 exercise in Hawaii. The unit will participate in SINKEX, which will sink a decommissioned naval vessel with its GAU-8 30mm cannon and AGM-65 Maverick to sink the ship

bill word
Tucson, AZ

mrblujet

Quote from: bilwor on July 07, 2012, 12:51:49 PM
Boeing 767-200ER MMTT Jupiter FAC 1202 Fuerza Aerea Colombiana

Less the tail-boom and the GE CF6 engines, but I guess this gives a good indication on what the KC-46s' will look like once they begin rolling-off the Boeing-Everett assembly line.

bilwor

IaI Kfir C.10 FAC 3056 111th Kfir Squadron Colombian AF

bill word
Tucson, AZ

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Kfir on final into runway 12...

2 Seater Kfir rotating out of the heat haze…
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

ENTER THE DRAGONS

I know its a corny title, but I could not help myself  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

EL REY LEÓN

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

I really enjoyed my 1st trip to Tucson to shoot at DM. Thanks for being my wingman Joe. Without your help I surely would have become trapped in the vortex of asphalt known as the Tucson street system  ;D

It was also great fun to meet-up and shoot with Harvey, Chris, Bill, and Barry. Ned, I'm sorry we missed each other - I'll definitely be back. There are a few more items I want to try on the menu at Luke's Italian Beef.

As I've been playing with my images, I've noticed that some of the Kfir's and A-10's returned to DM with what appears to be unused ordinance. For example, the Kfir below looks like it has a couple of large noise-makers hanging under the delta wing. My A-10 image above looks like there are a couple of missiles on the hangers. Is that normal? I always assumed they used all their ordinance at the range and came home empty. Please educate this old fat man. Thanks in advance.

Escuadrón de Combate 111 Dardos
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Solid shot, Jeff.

It's very normal for A-10s to return to DM with ordnance.  I noticed the Dummy Mk. 82s on the Kfirs, as well as the practice bomb units.  Looks like some are carrying some type of ECM pod as well.

The "missles" on the A-10 are captive, inert Mavericks, usually one IR and one Laser-guided so they can practice locking up targets on the ranges with them.  

Was great shooting with you yesterday, and thanks again for driving.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ