Davis-Monthan AFB (DMA, KDMA)/AMARG

Started by Matt Ottosen, August 12, 2009, 04:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bilwor

Anybody know if the second RAF Tornado Squadron came to D-M this week?
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Joe Copalman

Bill, I've been told by a British friend that it might just be a crew swap with the airframes already at D-M instead of a different batch of aircraft.  Flightaware shows them operating down there still using the "ICE" callsign, so it might be worth a trip out to see if they're the same jets.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

John B.

I am pretty sure the crew swap happened.  I saw a VC10 depart yesterday (heading northwest) in the crummy weather.  There was a TriStar as well, but I am not sure when it departed--I think during the night.

bilwor

Davis-Monthan today Lockheed P-3A Orion BuNo 152150 from VX-30 Air Test & Evaluation Squadron "Bloodhounds" Pt Mugu, CA.

bill word
Tucson, AZ

bilwor

Panavia GR4 Tornado IDS BS140, ZD811/103. This is #7 Tornado for me one to go, #099.

bill word
Tucson, AZ

Joe Copalman

Amazing catch on the Bloodhounds' P-3!
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

bilwor

McDonnell Douglas RF-4C Phantom II 68-0548 from Bergstrom AFB being flight tested to become a drone.

bill word
Tucson, AZ

bilwor

Today at D-M I got the 8th and last Tornado photo. Panavia GR4 Tornado IDS 390/BS133/3181, ZD790/099

bill word
Tucson, AZ

bilwor

Also at D-M today  a Marine Vertol CH-46F Sea Knight BuNo 156470 from YQ Camp Pendleton MCAS HMM268 Red Dragons.

bill word
Tucson, AZ

bilwor

Gates Learjet C-21A from the North Dakota Air National Guard the Happy Hooligans

bill word
Tucson, AZ

bilwor

And lastly from D-M today Lockheed EC-130H Compass Cope 73-1595.

bill word
Tucson, AZ

phantomphan1974

Quote from: bilwor on March 02, 2010, 07:31:59 PM
McDonnell Douglas RF-4C Phantom II 68-0548 from Bergstrom AFB being flight tested to become a drone.

Sweet shot Bill!!!
Damon Duran
Co: Founder: Aviation Photographers of Southern California www.ApSoCal.com
Orange County Sheriff PSR-Air Support Unit Photographer

bilwor

Seen today at D-M. Detalis and photos to follow tomorrow. No F-22 or other warbirds arrived by 4:30pm.
7 RAF Tornados
8 F-16s
3 F-15s
5 F-4s (4 in formation)
EC-130H
Super Cub
B-1B
HH-60G
C-21A
2 E-2Cs in formation
2 P-51s
A-1
2 Eurocopters
many, many A-10s
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Chris V

Couple from yesterday.

Ned Harris

Nice job Chris. I especially like your Mustang image.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona