News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

NAF El Centro Photocall, November 17th, 2011

Started by Joe Copalman, November 18, 2011, 05:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottcolbath

Opinions on this shot please. I'm playing around a bit.

S.C.

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Quote from: scottcolbath on December 10, 2011, 10:49:55 PM
Opinions on this shot please. I'm playing around a bit.

S.C.

I like the tones and the vignetting, but the crop is a little too tight for my liking.  Kind of a cool look though.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Joe Copalman on December 11, 2011, 08:40:06 PM
I like the tones and the vignetting, but the crop is a little too tight for my liking.  Kind of a cool look though.

It's apparent that I have cropping issues.  ;D

I'm going to play with it some more.

S.C.

scottcolbath

wingsnstuff

wingsnstuff

Jeff,  these shots are stunning.  What technique/application are you using to get this effect?  Don't want to steal your secrets, but am genualy interested.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: wingsnstuff on December 19, 2011, 06:09:50 AM
Jeff,  these shots are stunning.  What technique/application are you using to get this effect?  Don't want to steal your secrets, but am genualy interested.

Thanks Vance for the kind words. Without going into each individual image and the specific treatments used, suffice it to say I enjoy using Nik Software's suite of plug-ins with LR3 and CS5. Generally, I like to emphasize detail and structure in images to give them a "gritty" realism. However, I don't always use that method. I have a vision in my head of each image and use my software tools to get the final photo on my monitor as close to what's in my head as possible. I'd be happy to discuss my techniques in greater detail via email/pm if you like. I just don't want to bury this thread with the tedious details.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff

Thanks Jeff.  I would like to do that.  I've been in DC for the past 4 weeks and won't get back until the new year.  Maybe we can do something in January if that's okay with you.

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.