Black Rapid DR-1/2 camera sling

Started by jslugman, August 14, 2011, 12:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jslugman

Anyone have any real-world experience with the Black Rapid DR camera slings? Looking at getting away from my current configuration and after a good deal of research this setup is looking half-way decent, would love to hear from someone who's slung some glass on the end of them.

http://www.blackrapid.com/product/camera-strap/double-strap/
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Jay Beckman

I think Ned uses this or something very similar...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Ned Harris

James: I use the "Sun Sniper" sling which is German and very similar. I am very pleased with it. The
Black Rapid slings are sold by B&H and look like the way to go now. There were at least a dozen of them in the "Photo Pit" at Thunder over Michigan. Everyone I spoke with was happy with them.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Jeff D. Welker

Sir James:

I have the Black Rapid RS-Sport and RS DR Double Strap. I really like their quality and function. If you are looking for something beyond the traditional strap, I highly recommend Black Rapid.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

jslugman

Thanks gents. Appreciate the feedback.

Are you able to customize the length of the sling? I do a lot of one-knee shooting and wonder if I'd end up banging the snot out of the camera not in use.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: jslugman on August 15, 2011, 09:40:27 PM
Thanks gents. Appreciate the feedback.

Are you able to customize the length of the sling? I do a lot of one-knee shooting and wonder if I'd end up banging the snot out of the camera not in use.

Yes sir. Length is completely customizable. This link should help with your questions. http://www.blackrapid.com/setup-and-tips/
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ