1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Introductions

Started by Joe Copalman, July 14, 2009, 07:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris C.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!  :)

bilwor

Hi Chris, my name is bill word and I live in Tucson also. I shoot primarily at TUS & D-M. Send me an e-mail if you would like to meet up sometime at either airport. I will be happy to give the location of spots to shoot from.
bill word
"bilwor@comcast.net"
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

I'd make that contact Chris. BillW is a terrific shooter and has DM/TIA dialed in big time.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Matthew_Strauss

Hi Guys,

I think this is my first post, I've been stalking the page for years, but never posted any images. My name is Matthew Strauss, I've always enjoyed aviation and aviation photography, hopefully I'll be able to post a few shots here and there once I figure out how.

For the record, I think you guys have tremendous talent, I'm literally impressed every time I log in. I look forward to interacting a little more than I stalk from now on!
Matt

www.matthew-strauss.com
www.matthew-strauss.blogspot.com

Matt Ottosen

Welcome Matthew, I'm looking forward to your offerings.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Tower Guy

Welcome Matthew, I think you'll enjoy meeting many of the members, a great group of people.

Jeff D. Welker

Howdy Matthew. Welcome and enjoy young man.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Anna M. Wood

Welcome Matthew...  Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your contributions.   :)

Dave S.

Matthew,

Echoing the sentiments the others have expressed, looking forward to meeting you and hope you enjoy the group.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Daniel DeSart

Might as well re-introduce myself since I have been away for so long.

Long hours and the distance from work unfortunately put a choke hold on my availability to get out and actually shoot, however, all those photos I have backlogged into my computer I have no excuse for... I need to start working on them again and get them posted up here. I have also enlisted in the Air Force Reserve in December 2014, and am currently serving as a trainee with the 944 FW out of Luke Air Force Base. Thanks to the budget, I am still waiting for my basic training and technical school dates.

My name is Daniel DeSart, I live in Tucson and have been in the hobby since 2010 thanks to the help of Bill Word and Ned Harris. My interests are primarily military aircraft (helicopters) and law Enforcement / Emergency vehicles.

Joe Copalman

Welcome back, Daniel, great to hear from you!  Thanks for stepping up to serve as well.  Interesting time to be joining the 944th, they've already got some pilots going through the F-35 instructor course at Luke. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

bilwor

Welcome Back, Daniel and thank you for service.  i hope very much that we can get together and photograph more in the future.
bill word
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Ned Harris

Welcome back Daniel. I look forward to shooting with you again.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Daniel DeSart

Quote from: Joe Copalman on June 15, 2015, 10:27:38 PM
Welcome back, Daniel, great to hear from you!  Thanks for stepping up to serve as well.  Interesting time to be joining the 944th, they've already got some pilots going through the F-35 instructor course at Luke.  

Yep! Rumor is we'll be receiving our first F-35 in November, of course that is just something floating around with the rest of the DTF'ers (Development Training Flight)  so anything can still happen.

Thanks for the warm welcome Joe, it's a pleasure to be back.

Quote from: bilwor on June 16, 2015, 06:02:38 AM
Welcome Back, Daniel and thank you for service.  i hope very much that we can get together and photograph more in the future.
bill word
Quote from: Ned Harris on June 16, 2015, 06:05:33 AM
Welcome back Daniel. I look forward to shooting with you again.

Thanks guys! I actually was able to swing some days off this week (Mon and Wed) if you were looking to get together for some morning shooting. Also I have noticed they posted a SF in a tower on the perimeter fence near the guardrail, has there been any problems since the base gone to a higher alert?