15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 29 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Before And After

Started by Jay Beckman, May 25, 2011, 05:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel DeSart

Quote from: Jay Beckman on July 09, 2012, 07:29:22 PM
What software do you have at your disposal Daniel?

Photoshop CS-1, Picasa, I just recently picked up Lightroom 3.

cpasley

How to polish a turd by Joe Copalman, after a breif discussion on what can be done to make this photo better I gave my edited version to Joe and this is what he came up with, magic is a good word

CH-47F Chinook U.S. Army 06-08021 by Chris Pasley, on Flickr

CH-47F Chinook U.S. Army 06-08021 "Copalman Remix" by Chris Pasley, on Flickr

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

cpasley

Jay Beckman

Very subtle edits...  Solid Tweak IMO...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jay Beckman

Something much less subtle...

They had this out at Warbird Alley as a centerpiece while Dutch VanKirk, Enola Gay's Navigator, gave a talk at Oshkosh...

Before:

After:
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Paul Dumm

Oh yea, and Joe. Did not see that part. ;D
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Jay Beckman

SOOC

"Resistance Is Futile"
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jay Beckman

Chicken Salad...

From..

Chicken Sh*t...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jay Beckman

Another "Hmmm, I Wonder..." Project...

SOOC

After

Comments Most Welcome...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jeff D. Welker

Dear Clone Master and Sage of the Sliders:

If I ever need a "clean-up on isle 9", I know who to call. Not only did you nicely remove all the distracting elements (that had to take some time), you added just the right amount (IMO) of vibrance and detail to MitS.

Two humble suggestions.

1) - It feels like the image is leaning downhill ever so slightly from left to right. Just a smudge of leveling the horizon might be in order - or I simply need to go to the optometrist.

2) - If you could pull some of detail and contrast out of the ramp (especially in the foreground) I think it would help MitS "pop" and separate even more from the other elements. I think it would help give the image some additional depth.

Just my 2-cents.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

.6 rotation counter clockwise and a little vignette to pull the eye to the middle...

Better?

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jeff D. Welker

Thanks for .6 rotation. For a minute, I thought I might have contracted Scoliosis of the eyes  ;D

The vignette is a much better solution than my suggestion and makes a wonderful improvement. Very nice sir. Now the CAF simply needs to restore the artwork to MitS's nostril and all would be right with the world.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Quote from: Jeff Welker on March 05, 2013, 01:46:58 PM
Thanks for .6 rotation. For a minute, I thought I might have contracted Scoliosis of the eyes  ;D

The vignette is a much better solution than my suggestion and makes a wonderful improvement. Very nice sir. Now the CAF simply needs to restore the artwork to MitS's nostril and all would be right with the world.

Lemme work on that...  ;D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Matt Ottosen

Alright, I usually don't post here because I usually don't do a whole lot of editing to my images.  But, this has to be the image that I have most heavily edited, and I thought I would share the before and after here.  Of course, C&C is welcome.

• Before: Right out of the camera, nothing done.
  • After: Cropped and leveled, and played with the White Balance, Lighting, removed circus flags, removed box behind right main, and removed ladders from rear bomb bay.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.