Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA, KIWA, IWA) "Willie"

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 12, 2009, 05:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Youmans

Jeff,  Nice three pack.  Next time I'll bring my ladder!  Better to have it and not need it...
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Chris V

Chris V

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Paul Dumm

Yea, I cut the tail off, but I was working more on post then crop.

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Jeff, this shot rocks.  I caught Tanker 55 on her next flight out of Willie, and could not be more upset about it.  I had switched to manual focus to scope the USFS ramp to make sure the props were spinning, then got a phonecall while I was doing that.  Did the "I gotta go, bye" thing as the P-2 started rolling, and fired what was in my mind the most solidly-panned series of shots I have ever taken in my life.  When I chimped my shots afterward, they were all blurry, to a completely unsalvageable degree.  I never gave myself the chance to turn my autofocus back on, blowing every single shot in the series. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Nice!  Haven't seen that one fly yet.  Was that taken today? (5/21/12)
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Joe Copalman on May 21, 2012, 06:37:35 PM
Jeff, this shot rocks.  I caught Tanker 55 on her next flight out of Willie, and could not be more upset about it.  I had switched to manual focus to scope the USFS ramp to make sure the props were spinning, then got a phonecall while I was doing that.  Did the "I gotta go, bye" thing as the P-2 started rolling, and fired what was in my mind the most solidly-panned series of shots I have ever taken in my life.  When I chimped my shots afterward, they were all blurry, to a completely unsalvageable degree.  I never gave myself the chance to turn my autofocus back on, blowing every single shot in the series.  

We've all been there my brother. We get that look on our faces of complete unbelief when our chimping reveals the unexpected error. In those moments, I channel Colonel Walter E. Kurtz and quietly whisper; "The Horror, the horror...."

Quote from: Scott Youmans on May 21, 2012, 06:38:39 PM
Nice!  Haven't seen that one fly yet.  Was that taken today? (5/21/12)

Taken shortly before 4:00 PM this afternoon.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

DEATH RATTLER

Departing Willie after some work on the nose gear.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Great images Scott. I'm also jealous of the access; you clearly know the right folks. It would be nice to take some photos at Willie without standing on a ladder.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ