Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

TANKER TWELVE

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Air Tractor

P-2 Neptune

I swear I wasn't standing next to Joe when we shot this P-2 this afternoon  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Gorgeous P-2 guys.  Any point in my driving out tomorrow after work or was this beauty just passing through?  Beautiful shots in any case!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Scott, the P2V was actively fighting a fire up between the Sycamore Creek area and Payson, along with two Air Tractors as well.  Not sure what the status of the blaze is, but there might still be some activity tomorrow. 

Love that Air Tractor shot, Jeff.  Remarkable detail for such good prop blur - was that with the 100-400?

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Joe Copalman on May 10, 2012, 10:42:07 PM
Love that Air Tractor shot, Jeff.  Remarkable detail for such good prop blur - was that with the 100-400?

Thank you sir. Yes, that was taken with the 100-400L.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

Not to happy with my Photos today found them Borining.  :(
Got to work on that.

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

It was not the Aircraft that I found borning, it was just they had no "pop" to them. My photos look the same as  the other that I had taken. Will have to be working on new views and thing.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Joe Copalman

Paul, I think the lighting had a lot to do with that.  The sun was directly overhead when you were out there, and the sky was a bit hazy.  Very hard for a large, dark aircraft to "pop" in those conditions.  I took a bunch of shots of the KC-10s at the same time, and unless one really jumps out, they're all headed to the recycle bin.  The light yesterday afternoon was much better when the other two KC-10s arrived, and I got more keepers than I know what to do with.  New views/angles might help, but in harsh, top/backlit conditions, there's only so far they can go.

Good shooting with you yesterday.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

Thanks Joe, I feel that I need to go back to the basic for a wile and work on them.
Good shooting with you and Jeff too.

Joe Copalman

"THE MOOSE OUT FRONT SHOULDA TOLDJYA . . .

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

An afternoon of interesting variety at Willie. Not the usual Harriers, Talons and Hornets.

S-64E Aircrane

KC-10

Extender Head-On

P-2 Neptune - Tanker 43
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ