Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA, KIWA, IWA) "Willie"

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 12, 2009, 05:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

cpasley

Absolutley awesome ,looks like the shopped one could have come directly from Iraq but both are amazing

Joe Copalman

Another shot of the AFSOC Skytruck that blew through Willie back in December:
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Awesome shot Dave.  I've been thinking about stopping to catch this every time I've driven to Willie lately.  Glad you actually did it.

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

David Loera

Thanks Joe I've been doing the same thing, and I finaly did
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

One of only two stretched KC-130s in the Marine Corps made a stop at Willie last Friday:

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

David Loera

Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Old-school 737-200 on final into Willie this evening:

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Golden-hour departure.  Either this pilot is a photographer himself, or Dave L. and I have the ability to control people's minds.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

David Loera

Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ

David Loera

Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ

David Loera

Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ