Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA, KIWA, IWA) "Willie"

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 12, 2009, 05:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tower Guy

Very nice shots Jeff, glad you could get out there to catch the "Russian Milkmaid". Someday I'm going to make it over there to catch her also.

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

^^^^ Nice catch on the the legacy Red Devils hornet Joe. It looks like you shot this at high noon. Terrific work in some dicey lighting conditions.

Quote from: Tower Guy on September 11, 2014, 05:35:45 AM
Very nice shots Jeff, glad you could get out there to catch the "Russian Milkmaid". Someday I'm going to make it over there to catch her also.

Thank you Harvey. It was fun to get out shooting again and the large Soviet woman made it interesting for sure. I had to laugh when I heard (on my scanner) the An-124 pilot call the tower for landing instructions. It sounded like Kaspar was in the cockpit and in charge. I started laughing and almost missed the final approach photo-ops  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

"I ask tower to turn off at Hotel, he give me the bullshit and tell me Kilo.  I give to him the finger and turn off at Hotel."  ;-)

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Those crazy Russians! I would have enjoyed hearing their conversation also, Kaspar is a lot of fun to talk to with the thick European accent. Sounds like a good time Jeff.

Joe, the Hornet is is a beauty, I like the angle of the shot, and as Jeff said, not what we would like for perfect light. You made it work just fine, very nice photo. You know I was picturing Kaspar talking to the tower and that scenario playing out just as you wrote it, very funny stuff.

Jeff D. Welker

My obsession with the large Soviet girls continues...

MAGNUM AMOREM
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

bilwor

Good catch Steve of one of my favorite aircraft.
bill word
bill word
Tucson, AZ

bilwor

bill word
Tucson, AZ

azspyder

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

bilwor

What it needs is another antenna. The paint scheme is a little different than the regular "Guardrail" You captured it very good Steve.

biill
bill word
Tucson, AZ