Matt Ottosen

McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II Night Attack
Marine Attack Squadron 211 (VMA-211) "Wake Island Avengers"

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Chris V

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Very nice catch Joe, any idea what he's doing in town?

Joe Copalman

It's down at AMARG for some upgrade work, It's a recent FMS purchase by Japan and JMSDF crews are there for flight training.  Should be there for another two months or so.  Surprised the hell out of me when I saw it on final at Willie and realized it wasn't one of IAR's Herks.

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

cpasley

Oh wow when I first saw that photo on Flickr I figured you had made a trip to DM, very lucky catch

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Scott Youmans on July 05, 2014, 11:43:46 AM
A very unlikely visitor. Great catch indeed!

My hunch is that it will be a not-so-rare visitor to Willie for pattern work while it's here.  Radio callsign is Juliet November Zero-One-Five if anyone monitors Willie tower.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

azspyder

Great catch. I thought I saw him the other day making the rounds from my house. It looked like he made quite a few approaches, took off towards the direction Globe, then came back. Hopefully you are correct and we see him often.

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

cpasley

A friend bought a obsolete computer at an estate sale like 10 years ago, before throwing out the hard drive he checked for anything and found a few photos from airshows at Luke and Williams AFB. The owner of the computer had passed away so I feel its my duty to share these photos, now the files that were given to me were really small so I could only do minimal to restore, I leveled them and reduced the noise and while not fantastic shots I think their age makes them interesting. This was shot at Williams Air Force base during an airshow but I do not know what year or any info on the Tomcat in the photo

Rob Silliman

Antonov AN-124 inbound for a pickup (Aug 9th 2014)

Tower Guy

Very nice shot Rob, it is really enhanced by the clouds, great catch.