15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA, KIWA, IWA) "Willie"

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 12, 2009, 05:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

BillOz

I like that AN shot Joe.  Took me a while to figure out the layout.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Joe Copalman

Thanks Bill.  I hardly ever shoot in that direction from that side of the airfield because the light is only good in the morning.  Oh, and for what it's worth, this departure was on 12R  ???

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

One of the best shots of the An-124 I've ever seen Joe. I really like how you caught it just lifting above the dust cloud with it's smokey engines blasting away. The morning light from that angle is excellent.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Paul Dumm

Trying to get that "Golding Hour" but the sun was Hiding.

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Paul Dumm on November 11, 2012, 04:50:56 PM
Trying to get that "Golding Hour" but the sun was Hiding.

So disappointing when the clouds rolled in.  That departure would have been a thing of majesty had the sun been shining at the time.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Gary Wetzel on November 11, 2012, 05:09:11 PM
Quote from: Scott Youmans on November 10, 2012, 07:56:34 PM
Bare Talon

Scott, like that look of that Talon!
Thanks Gary!  I happened to be out that way (38 miles from my house) and the T-38 was the only thing there.  I was determined to squeeze something out of it.  Now that you can't put ladders near the fence, it has become much more of a challenge.  Ironically it's still just as easy for someone who wants to get over the fence to do so.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

NASA T-38s - You might not be able to feel the heat but you can certainly see evidence of it.  March 4, 2010.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

The Blue Tailed Harrier - A common sight at the time, I never did manage to get the perfect shot.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Paul Dumm