News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 29 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Helicopter - all variants

Started by Bubak, July 06, 2009, 05:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Kennedy

Another firefighting Huey staged on the ramp at DVT. I waited around for four hours hoping to see it fly and it never did. Apparently no fires in the area today.

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Scott Youmans

Chris, Nice looking bird even if it didn't fly. I haven't seen a single-engined Huey in quite a while.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Chris Kennedy

Quote from: Scott Youmans on July 15, 2012, 04:37:25 PM
Chris, Nice looking bird even if it didn't fly. I haven't seen a single-engined Huey in quite a while.

Two of them out there today, including the red one above. Neither are ex-military as far as I can tell.
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

Chris Kennedy

This used to have "Omniflight" on the side. Now it says "Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center," which is in Sun City West. Small letters say it's operated by Air Methods. I wonder if Air Methods parked the MBB BK 117 that Native was flying that had Banner Del Webb on it.

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

JWAir

Two of them out there today, including the red one above. Neither are ex-military as far as I can tell.
[/quote]

Chris, N2773H started out with the Air Arm of the Dominican Republic as serial '3027' before it came back to the USA as N2773H (that was also its pre-delivery test registration). Also was registered HI-732SP for a while before it came home. C-GFHA, on the other hand, has always been a civil bird.

Chris Kennedy

Quote from: JWAir on July 15, 2012, 07:43:05 PM

Chris, N2773H started out with the Air Arm of the Dominican Republic as serial '3027' before it came back to the USA as N2773H (that was also its pre-delivery test registration). Also was registered HI-732SP for a while before it came home. C-GFHA, on the other hand, has always been a civil bird.
[/quote]

Thanks! I knew it had been registered in the DR, but I didn't know it was assigned to their military.

C-GFHA has been registered in at least seven different countries in its life!
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

I spent the better part of this month looking for an interesting helo shoot for the AzAP Photo Challenge #22: Helicopters in Flight. Never did see anything that tickled my fancy until this evening - too late for the challenge ;D

I heard the Mesa PD boys in a holding pattern near by and went into my back yard to take a look. Ran back into the house and grabbed my camera and fired off a few quick bursts before they headed to the barn. Got very lucky with the light and the sky. BTW, I shot this at ISO 1250. These modern sensors are very efficient.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

JWAir

1. - 2. Bell 212HP Twin Huey N911KW
C/N 30592
Rogers Helicopters Inc. / Sierra Helitack
Chandler - Municipal (CHD) Jun. 28th, 2012

bilwor

Bell 206B Ranger III N304PD Tucson Police Department

bill word
Tucson, AZ

Tower Guy

Departing Airwest hangar at Glendale.

IMG_2980 by Tower Guy, on Flickr

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Bubak on July 28, 2012, 05:36:06 AM

Super image Kaspar. I like how the mechanic gives some serious scale to how big this helo really is.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Got lucky and caught a frame where the main rotor actually fits!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Daniel DeSart

Caught this guy yesterday when I was taking a walk around Coburg, Germany. Eurocopter X3 hybrid, probably one of the strangest choppers I have ever seen.

Dave S.

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses