General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon

Started by Joe Copalman, June 22, 2009, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

Hey Chris Janes, your monochrome Vipers are excellent. I especially like the different toning and treatment you used on "F-16 TaxiBW". I think your "Headon" image is wonderful for both the conversion and framing.

I've been remiss for not commenting sooner - I apologize. Very well done sir  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

wingsnstuff

I agree with Jeff.  Your head-on shots of the Viper are superb.  Especially the first Black and White version. 

Chris Janes

QuoteHey Chris Janes, your monochrome Vipers are excellent. I especially like the different toning and treatment you used on "F-16 TaxiBW". I think your "Headon" image is wonderful for both the conversion and framing.

I've been remiss for not commenting sooner - I apologize. Very well done sir

QuoteI agree with Jeff.  Your head-on shots of the Viper are superb.  Especially the first Black and White version.

Thank you to the both of you for the very nice comments. I appreciate it. Looking forward to posting more.

Dave S.

Quote from: Tower Guy on March 11, 2013, 06:00:41 PM
Heat treating the runway.

Dragging the afterburner on the runway. by Tower Guy, on Flickr
Harvey, did you go TDY somewhere?  With all that green in the foreground, that surely can't be our Luke in the desert!   ;)
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Tower Guy

Dave this was Gila Bend Aux field. 60 miles south and a world away.  ;D

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

azspyder

My attempt at salvaging a shot with lighting and contrast issues with HDR...

General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon by azspyder, on Flickr

Joe Copalman

Quote from: azspyder on March 30, 2013, 03:57:34 PM
My attempt at salvaging a shot with lighting and contrast issues with HDR...

You salvaged some good details on the fuselage, but at the high cost of severe haloing and banding.  Looking at the EXIF, it looks like you shot on Program Mode.  You'll have much more control over your results if you move away from the let-the-camera-do-it-for-me settings and into TV, AV, or even Manual.  Glare on the canopy probably resulted in a backlit image being much darker overall, giving you very little wiggle room to correct the exposure before you start running into the problem of noise. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

azspyder

Joe, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.

Chris Janes

Tower Guy