General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon

Started by Joe Copalman, June 22, 2009, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Lockett

Some shots from Luke today:

F-16D Block 42H 90-0781 of the 308th Fighter Squadron Emerald Knights.

F-16C Block 42Cs 88-0481 and 88-0464 of the 309th Fighter Squadron Wild Ducks.

Singapore Air Force F-16D Block 50 94-0283 of the 425th Fighter Squadron Black Widows.

Joe Copalman

Tophats' Viper making a high-speed pass over the Goldwater Range.

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

azbill

Nice shot Joe! Was this taken from Hwy 85?

Joe Copalman

Thanks Bill!

It was taken from the catwalk on the range tower at range complex 2.

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

azbill

Quote from: Joe Copalman on December 02, 2010, 07:59:50 PM
Thanks Bill!

It was taken from the catwalk on the range tower at range complex 2.

Sweeet!

Brian Lockett

Some photos of F-16s at Luke AFB on December 15:

F-16 of the 308th Fighter Squadron Emerald Knights taking off from Runway 21 Right.

F-16C Block 42K 90-0769 of the 69th Fighter Squadron Werewolves landing on Runway 3 Right. References state that the Werewolves were inactivated in 2001.  What is the story behind this F-16?

F-16C Block 42B 88-0412 of the 308th Fighter Squadron Emerald Knights taking off from Runway 21 Right.

F-16C Block 42C 88-0472 of the 309th Fighter Squadron Wild Ducks taking off from Runway 21 Right.

There are more photos of Luke F-16s on my web site at http://air-and-space.com/Luke%20AFB%20F-16s.htm

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Brian Lockett on December 16, 2010, 04:04:05 PM
References state that the Werewolves were inactivated in 2001.  What is the story behind this F-16?

AFRC unit, reactivated back in March.  Like the Redtails, they're an associate unit so I'm surprised to see an aircraft wearing their markings.  Pretty awesome that they are though.

http://www.afrc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123194041

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Brian Lockett

Quote from: Joe Copalman on December 16, 2010, 04:29:26 PM
Quote from: Brian Lockett on December 16, 2010, 04:04:05 PM
References state that the Werewolves were inactivated in 2001.  What is the story behind this F-16?

AFRC unit, reactivated back in March.  Like the Redtails, they're an associate unit so I'm surprised to see an aircraft wearing their markings.  Pretty awesome that they are though.

http://www.afrc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123194041

Thanks for the clarification.

Joe Copalman

Not a problem.  Now that I think about it, I believe there is one 944th-marked Viper out at Luke as well.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

jslugman

69th TFS used to be based out of Moody AFB back in the TAC days. First F-16 unit to bomb Baghdad in the day time, quite the hairy gun camera footage with the RHAWS system in overdrive.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

wingsnstuff

Nice shots Brian.  I went out there today, but the rain was steady drizzle and the Vipers were straight into the barn without bouncing.  Too wet to get the camera out.  I waited a while hoping it would stop, but it didn't so I pack up and went home.  The good news is that it isn't too far away from Luke.

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

jslugman

James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

wingsnstuff

Chris, that's an awesome shot of the Viper going into the break.  Just beautiful!