News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Heritage Flight Conference Media Day 2011

Started by Joe Copalman, February 16, 2011, 02:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

ACC just posted the notification on the media day for the Heritage Flight Conference, which will be on March 4th this year.  Link has more details for those interested.

http://www.dm.af.mil/pressreleasesarchive/story.asp?id=123242889
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Interested!

I wonder if a guy who is noted as "Local photographer, Scott Colbath" by the local paper can get in to this event, maybe as a freelance guy.

S.C.

scottcolbath

Request submitted. Fingers crossed.  8)

S.C.

scottcolbath

In!!!!!!  8)

Mr. Colbath,

Thank you for your interest. I'll add your name and info to our media roster for that day. Gate arrival time is 7 a.m., Friday, March 4. We'll go out to the flight line for about an hour, during which time you'll be able to get up-close shots. Once the flight line become active, we'll have a designated area behind a barrier for the rest of the day.

Please let me know if you'd like to arrange interviews with any pilots/crew or have any questions.

Thanks!

Respectfully,

Scott Knuteson, Civ, USAF
Civic Outreach
Air Combat Command Public Affairs
DSN 574.5994

S.C.

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Quote from: Joe Copalman on February 18, 2011, 12:51:00 PM
Sweet!  Have fun!

It's a double win. Not only do I get to shoot the  event, but afterwards, I get a Sonoran hot dog over at El Guero Canelo.  8)

For some reason, they have not caught on in the Phoenix area, and out here in Wickenburg, they have no idea what I'm talking about when I mention them.

S.C.

scottcolbath

Suggestions on where to stay for this event? Cheap is good, but close to the base is best.

S.C.

cpasley

Well submitted my request ,I will be going no mater if I get in or not so Scott may have to join you for that dog  ;)

scottcolbath

Quote from: Chris Pasley on February 21, 2011, 04:22:20 PM
Scott may have to join you for that dog  ;)

Sure thing. Ping me as the time draws near.

S.C.

Jeff D. Welker

HOLY SMOKES - I'M IN  ;D

QuoteMr. Welker,

We look forward to seeing you Friday, March 4, at 7 a.m. local time. Please meet us at D-M AFB's Craycroft Gate visitor center. Also, please be sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Scott Knuteson, Civ, USAF
Air Combat Command Public Affairs
DSN 574.5994

Chris & Scott - if you don't mind rubbing shoulders with a newbie, I'd like to meet up. If nothing else, I'd enjoy doing a Sonoran hot dog over at El Guero Canelo.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

scottcolbath

Jeff, sure thing.

Is Thursday evening good for you guys? I figure we will likely be burned out after standing out in the sun all day on Friday, and want to likely just head home at day's end.

S.C.

cpasley

Any chance to meet a fellow aircraft buff is welcome!

scottcolbath

Quote from: Chris Pasley on February 22, 2011, 11:29:01 AM
Any chance to meet a fellow aircraft buff is welcome!

I'm hardly a buff. I just really like stuff that flies around in the sky and makes noise.  ;D

Seriously, you guys rattle off models of planes and I have to scramble to find out what you are talking about. Thank dog for Google.

S.C.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: scottcolbath on February 22, 2011, 11:22:22 AM
Jeff, sure thing.

Is Thursday evening good for you guys? I figure we will likely be burned out after standing out in the sun all day on Friday, and want to likely just head home at day's end.

S.C.

Thusday evening works for me. When you get a minute, please PM me with details of where and when.

Thanks.

JW
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

cpasley

I will be driving in the morning of and leaving at the end of the day ,due to having to be at work at 5am the next morning  :-\