Jay Beckman

Who says massive firepower can't have style?   :D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Chris V

Speaking of Osprey's, this one came straight at us on the flightline. Bill good seeing you out there lol, he pulled in behind me at the hotel lol I thought it was some guy pissed at me or something for some reason then I see its Bill  ;D

Bubak

Matt Ottosen

Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet
Strike Fighter Squadron 14 (VFA-14) "Tophatters"

From the deck of the USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74).

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Jay Beckman

Judging by this thread and images posted by specific aircraft, I'd say we had this even surrounded!  Nice effort by all...

I've launched my gallery with 25 shots from Friday over on the website: LINK.

I hope folks will pop over and have a look around.  I should have the rest of Friday and all of Saturday posted by the end of the week.

Good Times!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Jay Beckman on February 17, 2011, 03:05:37 AM
Judging by this thread and images posted by specific aircraft, I'd say we had this even surrounded!  Nice effort by all...

I hope folks will pop over and have a look around.  I should have the rest of Friday and all of Saturday posted by the end of the week.

Good Times!

The static display images are great Jay - I can't wait to see the rest. Your two photos of the OV-10A Bronco should make Joe's day.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Thanks Jeff!

I finally have the rest of my images tagged and ready to go but Zenfolio (my website host) decided tonight was a good night for maintenance so they'll have to wait a little longer.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

scottcolbath

Quote from: Matt Ottosen on February 16, 2011, 07:06:45 PM
Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet
Strike Fighter Squadron 14 (VFA-14) "Tophatters"

From the deck of the USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74).

Great shot.

I've stood on that very spot. I got to enjoy a "Friends and Family" day onboard back in 2000. We spent the day out at sea. They had two catapults active and were doing exercises all day. It was awesome. I also spent a day on the ship prior to the F&F day when it was in port in S.D. for maintenance. There was so few crew aboard, I think I saw two other Naval personnel all day. We got to tour the ship from bottom to top.

Oddly enough, I went looking for my old film shots of the day yesterday to post here. I didn't find them. They are burried in a box which I have not yet got to.

BTW, the chili mac they served for lunch was actually very good. But the bunks weren't designed for a guy of my size. About the only place where I actually had any room was on deck. ;D

S.C.

Joe Copalman

LOL Chili Mac.  The military must run on that stuff.  We had it all the time at Fort Sill, and it really was quite good.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Quote from: Jay Beckman on February 17, 2011, 03:05:37 AM

Good Times!

Pics are awesome Jay.

I'd also say that your coverage of the event was excellent. A lot of aircraft, and a little peripheral stuff tossed in. Great descriptions on all pics. Nicely done.

S.C.

Jay Beckman

Thanks Scott...

I've added the Parade of Planes which brings the gallery to around 99% complete (there are always those shots that can be gleaned via processing...)

LINK
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Lynn Evans

I watched the whole slide show. It is excellent work as usual Jay.
Lynn Evans

Jay Beckman

Thanks Lynn...

Glad you liked what you saw!   ;D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: scottcolbath on February 18, 2011, 10:24:17 AM
Great shot.

I've stood on that very spot. I got to enjoy a "Friends and Family" day onboard back in 2000. We spent the day out at sea. They had two catapults active and were doing exercises all day. It was awesome. I also spent a day on the ship prior to the F&F day when it was in port in S.D. for maintenance. There was so few crew aboard, I think I saw two other Naval personnel all day. We got to tour the ship from bottom to top.

Oddly enough, I went looking for my old film shots of the day yesterday to post here. I didn't find them. They are burried in a box which I have not yet got to.

BTW, the chili mac they served for lunch was actually very good. But the bunks weren't designed for a guy of my size. About the only place where I actually had any room was on deck. ;D

S.C.

That's awesome, I'm sure it was quite the experience!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.