News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Pima County Sheriff's Helicopter crash

Started by bilwor, January 31, 2011, 04:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bilwor

Pima County Sheriff's helicopter crashed 1 killed, three injured. McDonnell Douglas 369FF N530RL Pima County Sheriff photo KTUS 01/18/11

bill word
Tucson, AZ

photorecon

Blue skies and Tailwinds Forever,  I had the opportunity to meet and get to know him.
I worked with him while performing my duties with MCSO Aviation Division. A super high time pilot and a great man. I will miss him and his cookies that he used to bake at the hangar between callouts. Gods speed
Loren.......
Joseph D. Kates

Chris Janes

I know this post has been here since the day of the crash and I have tried to post something but I was at a loss for words. I worked with Loren right up to the day of the crash. I was at the hospital waiting for the injured to arrive and hoping all would show up at the hospital but that did not happen. Loren you were a wonderful pilot and more importantly a wonderful friend to me. I know you were a helicopter guy and you often joked at us fix winged guys that we had to squat to go to the bathroom, but I am honored to have flown with you in the C-210 C-310 and Helio Courriers and I will never forget my first flight in N530RL with you. I will miss your stories and yes I will miss your cooking..... rest in peace Loren... We will take it from here.

jslugman

Thanks for posting that, sounds like a great guy.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

phantomphan1974

RIP, my thoughts and prayers to his family, friends and fellow deputies.
Damon Duran
Co: Founder: Aviation Photographers of Southern California www.ApSoCal.com
Orange County Sheriff PSR-Air Support Unit Photographer