High Country Warbirds Fly-in - Valle June 25th

Started by Jay Beckman, January 30, 2011, 02:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Brian Lockett

Some of my shots from the Planes of Fame Fly-in:

North American P-51D Mustangs NL7715C Wee Willy II and NL5441V Spam Can

North American P-51D Mustang NL7715C Wee Willy II and North American B-25J Mitchell N3675G Photo Fanny

North American P-51D Mustang NL7715C Wee Willy II and Lockheed P-38J Lightning NX138AM 23 Skidoo

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

dhmoody356

I tried this earlier and was shot down.  Will try again.  With the the wind, blowing dust and the strap breaking and dropping my vintage Leica (fortunately no serious damage), I was bummed out.

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

cpasley

Great shots guys, I had such a blast last year and was first time meeting most of you I was sad I didnt get to this time, man I can still hear those barking Merlins, low thruming Allisons and Harley like T-28's  :-\

Rick Arthur

You guys have some great shots, and put most of mine to shame.  I'm posting a couple of P-38 shots that illustrate how cramped the passenger is.

Joe Copalman

Ha!  I was really surprised by the rider's position in the P-38 as well.  Almost looks like the pilot is wearing a person as a parachute.  Doesn't seem like it would be much of a flight with your kneecaps jammed into your ears like that. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Quote from: Joe Copalman on June 28, 2011, 09:06:06 AM
Ha!  I was really surprised by the rider's position in the P-38 as well.  Almost looks like the pilot is wearing a person as a parachute.  Doesn't seem like it would be much of a flight with your kneecaps jammed into your ears like that. 

There's no way I could ever get in that thing, I would assume.

S.C.

Rob Silliman

Quote from: scottcolbath on June 28, 2011, 09:29:14 AM
Quote from: Joe Copalman on June 28, 2011, 09:06:06 AM

There's no way I could ever get in that thing, I would assume.

S.C.

To quote Jay "But its a P-38!"

(those of us standing around the picnic table - had this same comment - every time someone wedged themselves in the back of the -38)

dhmoody356

cpasley

I thought last year was $2500 for a 30 minute romp in the '38'

Jay Beckman

Not to split hairs but I'm pretty sure the P-38 hops went for $2K and the Mustangs were $600-650.

No idea regarding the B-25 ride.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

dhmoody356

I didn't see the cost of a ride in the P38 posted but the P51s were $715 + $50 membership in the museum.

Ned Harris

The P-38 rides were $2000. At least three people did fly in it and looked horribly uncomfortable.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

cpasley

I can see now why it didnt make a huge difference to me whether it was $2000 or $2500, I canf afford either, lol may as well been a million, someday perhaps but for me im just as happy to get a ride in a Cessna or a car getting air after going really fast over a bump, sad I know  ;)