Show Low Regional Airport (KSOW)

Started by Joe Copalman, July 02, 2010, 09:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Top-lit Turbo Commander.

A few more shots to follow, but unfortunately no good ones of the Columbia Helicopters CH-47 Chinook up there right now. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

A serious blast from the past. The first photo is of the 206 of which my father was part-owner. Our pilot (Chuck Horne) is on the left and my father on the right. We had the rear door off so my father could shoot some aerials in the area of the Show Low airport. I took the first photo and the second was taken by my father of yours truly. I may have looked a little worse for wear because I had just puked on the piano keys after some flying hijinks by Chuck. I believe these are 1972 vintage photos taken at the FBO at KSOW. If my memory and my eyes serve me correctly, Dad is wielding the Hasselblad he used for much of his aerial photography work.

At the time Chuck was an instructor pilot at Willie and went on to establish the first air ambulance service in Las Vegas. He did very well for himself and eventually became the Mayor of Mesquite - were he resides today.

I spent many hours in this 206 flying all over Arizona and northern Mexico. I was sad when the partnership sold it a few years later.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.