After this week I will officially be F-16 engine run qualified

Started by F-16_fixer, October 05, 2010, 11:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F-16_fixer

I take my classes this week to become F-16 engine run qualified.  Today it's classroom stuff, tomorrow it's simulator and Thursday is the read deal including a 30 minute engine run and Full Burner engine run  8)  I love my job sometime!  Now if I can just get them to let me do some Taxi tests   ;D
-Chris-

Paul Dumm

So is that like a fun run, do you get to pull, push, carry over you shoulder when you run with it. ;D

Good Job Chris. Nothing like haveing all that power under your controll.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

jslugman

James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

cpasley

You know Chris being stuck in front of a computer all day kinda sux and for those of you who have gone out with me know I get a serious buzz just being around any kind of aircraft ,the sight ,the sound even the smell but to do it on a daily basis and as a job none the less ,I gotta say I am seriously jealous ,dude you rock geep up the great work!

F-16_fixer

Well I'm officially engine run qualified.  Did my full burner run today and emergency procedures.  I must say that it's everything I was hoping for.  You can feel the power behind you ready to go  and knowing the only thing holding you back in a puny looking tail hook makes it all the more exciting. 
-Chris-

Jay Beckman

Congrats Chris!!!   ;D

Now if you could only get your "Uncle" to let you out of the driveway...   ;)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

F-16_fixer

Quote from: Jay Beckman on October 07, 2010, 12:04:32 AM
Congrats Chris!!!   ;D

I know right?  I just want to take it around the block once.  I'll return it full of gas and waxed I promise.
-Chris-

jslugman

Quote from: F-16_fixer on October 07, 2010, 12:19:11 AM
Quote from: Jay Beckman on October 07, 2010, 12:04:32 AM
Congrats Chris!!!   ;D

I know right?  I just want to take it around the block once.  I'll return it full of gas and waxed I promise.

*snicker*
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

phantomphan1974

Damon Duran
Co: Founder: Aviation Photographers of Southern California www.ApSoCal.com
Orange County Sheriff PSR-Air Support Unit Photographer

wingsnstuff