15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

American Heros Airshow ,Lake Havasu City 2010 <Photo Thread>

Started by cpasley, September 25, 2010, 06:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbong

Joe Copalman

That actually looks like it was a pretty decent outing - the four Black Knights must have been an awesome surprise.

Did anyone catch the Osprey leaving?  Was that the only military "helicopter-ish" thing there?
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

cpasley

Yeah the V-22 was the only military "helicopter" there and they were all set up by the time we got there and the crew told us (well after Stephen pissed one guy off ;) ) that they werent leaving till the next morning otherwise would have been worth waiting for

Stephen Marshall

Yea, so after one of the crew claimed that the Osprey could do anything, I asked him to take off with the prop/rotors in the full forward position.  Marines don't seem to like it when you call them out like that...

They told us a 7:30-8:00ish departure for the next day. Then he kinda avoided eye contact....   ;)
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

phantomphan1974

VMFA-314 was also over here on Saturday http://www.apsocal.com/index.php/topic,2297.msg24729.html#msg24729

Great shots guys!  Too bad more Mil helos did not show up.  Surprised no 60's from DM.
Damon Duran
Co: Founder: Aviation Photographers of Southern California www.ApSoCal.com
Orange County Sheriff PSR-Air Support Unit Photographer

cpasley

Thanks Damon and yeah a MiL would have made my day hell my year ,I never seen one in person before