Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

The Serbs used a ton of decoys during Deliberate Force in '95 and Allied Force in '99.  Very inexpensive way to get your enemy to expend costly ordnance and to eat into the effectiveness of his sorties.  The one bit of good news is that IR targeting pods are nearly ubiquitous these days, and the heat signatures put out by these things do not mimic actual vehicles. 

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Rob Silliman

Quote from: Joe Copalman on April 07, 2010, 04:25:32 PM
The Serbs used a ton of decoys during Deliberate Force in '95 and Allied Force in '99.  Very inexpensive way to get your enemy to expend costly ordnance and to eat into the effectiveness of his sorties.  The one bit of good news is that IR targeting pods are nearly ubiquitous these days, and the heat signatures put out by these things do not mimic actual vehicles. 

Joe - read Slide #7.  Vendor claims these inflatables appear identical to the real thing on Thermal and IR.

(I know - doubtful - just pointing it out)

Joe Copalman

LOL.  Yup, I missed that. 

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Chris V

One of these would look great in our backyard for google earth sat pic.

Joe Copalman

Ha!

I'm out in Queen Creek.  I can only imagine the reactions of the Hornet and Harrier drivers flying over my neighborhood and seeing a MiG-29 in my backyard.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

John B.

I've wanted one for a long time.  I always thought it would be fun during holidays and stuff.  While the neighbors are putting out inflatable reindeer and stuff I could pop a T-72 out in the front yard. 

cpasley

One that lights up and plays music

jslugman

I'd use one as a bouncy castle!
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Paul Dumm

witch one? That could be fun of all ages ;D
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Jay Beckman

SU27 as a Pool Floatie!

SA2 towed behind a boat instead of one of those giant yellow bananas!!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

jslugman

QuoteSU27 as a Pool Floatie!

SA2 towed behind a boat instead of one of those giant yellow bananas!!

OK, now I'm ready to put in a pool!
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

cpasley

Ok but if you do you better invite all of us after all we will wanna take pics of your new Su-27 floatie  ;)