February Coolidge Fly-In

Started by Joe Copalman, February 03, 2010, 10:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Anyone planning on going this weekend?  The fly-in last February was one of the best I've been to.  I'm a little concerned about the forecast (looks like partly/mostly cloudy that morning), but I think I might still make the trip.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

I'm going.  Need to say hello to my new friend Carl in the Tropical C140 (if he comes over from Glendale.)

Wx this weekend could suck all around.  I'm supposed to attend a breakfast/walkaround shoot at ASU on Sunday morning which may also be a wash.   :(
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Matt Ottosen

I'll be there, I've missed too many over the past few months.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

jslugman

I'm coming and bringing one of my boys (bribed him with breakfast).
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Paul Dumm

Will be there after one quick pit stop.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Jay Beckman

Just checked the Wx and it looks like the Precip should hold off until afternoon...

Skies could be blah but I bet they'll stil get a decent attendance.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Joe Copalman

It was good seeing everybody out there today, and the traffic turned out being pretty awesome.  Lots of stuff that normally doesn't show up.

Anyone have solid plans for March?  The Cactus Fly-In at Casa Grande is the same day and I believe it's also the final day of the Heritage Flight conference in Tucson. 

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

bilwor

The Flight Heritage Conference is March 6-7 and Cactus Fly-In Casa Grande is March 6.
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Joe Copalman

Are you sure on the dates?  Fencecheck has it as 3/3 through 3/6.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Only solid thing in the books right now in March for me is ISAP in Vegas.

Which, if the dates are correct, stomps both Cactus Fly In and Heritage. 
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

bilwor

I received an e-mail from the D-M media center on those dates. I assume the aircraft will start arriving a day or two before 4-5 like the last two years.
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Ned Harris

Joe: Last year the Heritage Flight aircraft started flying on Friday morning. I would expect the same this year. Thursday is typically classroom training.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona