News:

In Memory of Jay Beckmam
1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Lockheed L-1011

Started by bilwor, February 19, 2010, 07:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bilwor

I did not get it's arrival but I did catch this shot yesterday atTUS. The Orbital Science's L-1011 N140SC is sitting at Bombardier hangar.

bill word
Tucson, AZ

John B.

Very cool.  :D

I was hoping somebody would catch it while it was here.  I'm trapped at my desk!

jslugman

James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

F-16_fixer

-Chris-

aaron kluth

once again, going thru old pictures i took with a disposable camera, but i thought it was a good "historic" pic, taken i cedar rapids, iowa and was used for a charter for the iowa hawkeyes....GO HAWKS
All Images © of Aaron J. Kluth all rights reserved.

jslugman

I miss ATA. They used to run the military transport charters and gave you king size Snickers bars!
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

bilwor

Lockheed L1011-385-1 TriStar N140SC Orbital Skygazer Orbital Sciences Corporation KTUS 04/27/11

bill word
Tucson, AZ

Brian Lockett

Nica catch Bill!  Stagazer is one of my favorites.

dbudd

Brian..

You should drop me an email and I can tell you more about the team and the aircraft..

http://photorecon.net/visit-with-orbital-sciences

Dave

Brian Lockett

Quote from: dbudd on April 28, 2011, 07:41:41 AM
Brian..

You should drop me an email and I can tell you more about the team and the aircraft..

http://photorecon.net/visit-with-orbital-sciences

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have taken pictures of Stargazer on several occasions:

I photographed it when it was C-FTNJ flying for Air Canada in April 1974.

Here it is at Vandenberg AFB on April 9, 1995, six days after it first launched a Pegasus.  

This is a time exposure of the launch of a Pegasus-XL carrying the Wide Field Infra-red Explorer on March 4, 1999.

Stargazer departed from Vandenberg AFB with a Pegasus-XL carrying the High Energy Solar Spectroscopic Imager on February 1, 2002.

Stargazer returned to Vandenberg following the launch of a Pegasus-XL carrying the Aeronomy of Ice in the Mesosphere mission on April 25, 2007.

Brian Lockett

Prince Abdul Aziz Al Ibrahim's private Lockheed L-1011-500 HZ-AB1 in storage at Southern California Logistics Airport on November 15, 2014.