Canon 5d Mark III questions...

Started by Mike Margolis, September 22, 2014, 03:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Silliman

If anyone is looking for more info about Back Button focus - here is a link to a Canon article explaining it and the different options.

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2011/backbutton_af_article.shtml

Scott Youmans

Rob, Thanks for posting that link. Very good description.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Mike Margolis

Thanks all! Good stuff indeed! Made the switch to back-button and have been trying to get used to it. I like it and believe it will really help! But several times upon first picking up the camera I've wondered why it won't focus... After the 3rd time, I really felt silly - troubleshooting my focus modes - then I'd remember. Lol!
"Could be worse... Could be raining."

Mike Margolis

This is not worthy of a new thread, but in the spirit of little camera tid-bits... Was I the last person on the planet to figure out how to get a tripod ring off a Canon zoom? Who knew vice grips, a Sawzall, a large regular screwdriver, and a small torch were not required for that job? And, if removed properly, you get to use it again!! Wow!! ~ Seriously, I did not know the "trick" until just now - must get out more - geez ~

Mike Margolis

Update:
Back button - Awesome! Solution to a problem I did not know I had!!
Rental 5dMkIII - Awesome!
Miramar airshow was great! Will process photos later.
Sad to have missed WTI (in my backyard) and seeing/meeting everyone, but our Canada and Maine vacation is going great - nabbing between 500 and 1,000 landscape and wildlife shots per day with a few keepers... Perfect set-up with the two bodies!
Thanks y'all for the advice!!

Dave S.

Mike,

Very glad to hear you've experienced success with back-button AF!!  Looking forward to seeing your shots from both Miramar and Canada.

- Dave
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses