The Sky is the Driver

Started by Jeff D. Welker, August 14, 2014, 06:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

Excellent info from McNally this morning. One of the true artists and gurus of light.

http://www.joemcnally.com/blog/2014/08/14/the-sky-is-the-driver/

Have a great day my friends  :thumb:
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Mike Margolis

Hey Jeff, great share! I had the honor and pleasure of spending the better part of 5 days under the guidance of Joe McNally last month in a Nat Geo photo workshop in Santa Fe! Hearing his stories, experiencing his passion, and having my work critiqued by Joe, was awesome! Not only is he an "old school" epic photographer, but he's an entertainer, a great speaker, a wonderful and patient instructor, and has a fabulous way with all people. Those few (but very very long 14+ hour long) days in class and in the field, have had a significant impact on the way I shoot, and the way I see light.
"Could be worse... Could be raining."

Jeff D. Welker

I could not agree more Mike. Jay, Ned, Walt and myself attended the ISAP symposium in San Diego several years ago and Joe was the concluding presenter/speaker. It was at the end of three intense days of aviation photography and everyone was tired. I almost decided to skip McNally's presentation so I could take a nap before the evening gala. Man am I glad I decided to attend. For me, Joe was the highlight of the entire symposium. As you correctly note, he is a special person; a born shooter. His slide show contained very few aircraft images, but no one cared. Each image was mesmerizing and his stories behind the photographs were captivating. I've been a subscriber to Joe's blog ever since.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.