News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Digitizing slides

Started by azbill, February 12, 2014, 11:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azbill

Does anyone have the ability, and would be willing to digitize about a dozen slides?
I recently came across some old slides I had stored, some of which were from the fence at Luke in '89 or so. A few are F-15E's, probably from the 461st TFTS. I'd like to get them digitized and post em up.
Thanks, Bill

KeithS

Back in '09, I used a Plustek scanner to scan all of my slides and 35mm and smaller negatives.  It worked well and at that time, I think I was using Windows XP.  If you'd like, I can see if it will work with my current Windows 7.  I live out by Luke AFB.

azbill

That would be great Keith, I appreciate it.

Bill

KeithS

Bill, I spent a couple of hours installing and reinstalling software.....not very successfully.  I can scan slides, but only at 580x456 pixels.  They come out as negatives which I can invert in Photoshop, but the scan is nowhere near what the scanner is capable of doing...if the software was compatible.  Obsolescence, I guess.  The results may not be what you want at this resolution.  Maybe someone else has more up to date capabilities.  Let me know.

Keith

azbill

Thanks for trying Keith, I do appreciate it.
I understand Costco offers this service, I may drop them off there.
Thanks again Keith!

Bill

KeithS

Added.....I decided to get a newer version of a slide scanner and just placed an order with B&H.  So, in a week or so, I should be able to do what you need.

azbill

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

KeithS

Jay
I had not.  I just downloaded the program and played with it a little.  Though the site says my scanner model is supported, it will only recognize my Office Jet.  I'll look at it again when I have the time.  The software does look useful.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Jay Beckman

If you decide you'd like a commercial operation to do the work, let me know.

There's a really good company in North Scottsdale.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

azbill

Bjorn van der Flier

Or you could try the Roel Reijne way... He uses his DSLR a macro lens and tripod to digitize them.. There should be a tutorial somewhere..
Bjorn van der Flier
Editor Showreports Scramble Magazine
-----------------------------------------
PO Box 75545
1118 ZN Schiphol
The Netherlands
E-mail: Bjorn.van.der.flier@scramble.nl
        Showreports@scramble.nl

Internet: www.scramble.nl