In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

ISAP 2013 Symposium

Started by Jeff D. Welker, March 10, 2013, 10:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

My Fine Associates:

For those members of AzAP that are also members of ISAP, here is definitive information regarding ISAP upcoming symposium. I looks like they've got another great line-up of speakers and activities. If you are not a member of ISAP, but have considered joining and would like to attend the Seattle symposium, simply contact ISAP administration (see link below) and they will guide you through the process.

The ISAP Symposium will be in Seattle at the Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center from May 16–18. You can book your rooms at the special ISAP rate of $99 through April 26. http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/pers ... .mc_id=POG]

We are pleased to announce the speakers for ISAP XII:

Matt Kloskowski — Matt is the full-time education director for Kelby Media Group and a Tampa-based photographer. He's the editor of Lightroom Magazine; author of several best-selling Photoshop books; and teaches Photoshop, Lightroom, and photography seminars around the world (www.mattk.com, www.kelbytraining.com/author/mattk).

Mark Kettenhofen — Mark is an award-wining photographer with 30 years of experience who recently celebrated his 10th year as a technical representative with Nikon Professional Services. He has covered NASA shuttle launches, expeditions to the Mount Everest base camp, and trips
down the Colorado River, as well as Presidential inaugurations, World Cup soccer, hurricanes, and six Olympic Games. No stranger to aviation photography, he co-authored (with Nikon rep and fellow ISAP member Bill Fortney) the book "America from 500 Feet II." A key instructor for the
Nikon School of HDSLR Video, he will share his knowledge of creating video with your DSLR.

Nir Ben Yosef — Nir specializes in aviation and air-to-air photography and production, mostly with the Israeli Air Force. His work has been published in numerous international publications (www.xnir.com, www.facebook.com/photo.xnir).

Jay Tolbert — Jay learned to fly in 1969 while attending college, maintained SR-71s with the USAF, and built 767s for Boeing. He has served as photographer and graphic designer for the Arlington Fly-In since 1988. This passionate photographer will share his experience in managing
photography for the Arlington Fly-In with emphasis on working with volunteer photographers, event organizers, and performers.

Roger Tonry — Roger is a director and director of photography for film and television, and as co-owner of 3DFilmland, now specializes in 3D content. He has filmed numerous civilian and military aircraft for TV and motion pictures from helicopters as well as from Clay Lacy's Learjet
equipped with the Astrovision camera system. A general aviation pilot and a former Skytyper, using five planes flying in formation, he also was involved with the Air Racers 3D IMAX film (www.3dfilmland.com).

Bonnie Kratz — Our ISAP board member and treasurer has more than 15 years of photography experience. She was a staff photographer for eight years with the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), has won numerous awards, and has had her work published in prestigious aviation magazines. Bonnie will share her experience of getting back into aviation photography (www.bonniekratzphotography.com).

Andy Wolfe — Andy is a professional aerial photographer working in flight test for Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. He leads the multimedia team that provides support for the F-35 Integrated Test Force at NAS Patuxent River, Md. He will discuss the differences between working at the USAF and USN flight test centers, the many aspects of providing multimedia support to flight test, and the advances in multimedia technology and how it has been used in flight test.

Jim Sugar — Jim was a contract photographer for 22 years with National Geographic, and is a successful photographer, videographer, and filmmaker. He holds a commercial pilot license with instrument, multiengine, and seaplane ratings. He will share his knowledge with us in a lighting workshop to update us on how to use Nikon and/or Canon flashes to get better photos (www.jimsugar.com).

Cmdr. Robert J. Proano — Cmdr. Proano earned a prestigious Air Medal (with Gold Star for the second award) for heroic achievement in aerial flight as the radar intercept officer of an F-14D fighter in the U.S. Navy. He will share his story with us on Saturday night.

Denny Lombard — Denny has been selected to receive the 2013 ISAP George Hall Lifetime Achievement Award. He retired from Lockheed Martin in January 2011, after having spent much of his 41-year career at the company's secretive Skunk Works in Palmdale, Calif., where he photographed aircraft including the U-2, SR-71, YF-22, and X-35. He took some of the first publicly released photos of the F-117 Nighthawk stealth aircraft. In 1990, Lombard was a photographic team lead for the Lockheed-Boeing-General Dynamics Advanced Tactical Fighter demonstration and test program.

The Symposium fee has been set at $275 until April 26. It will increase to $300 after that date. To secure your attendance, visit the ISAP website http://aviationphoto.org/?page_id=4348

We look forward to seeing all of you in Seattle! If you have any questions, suggestions, or would like to volunteer, please contact us at admin@aviationphoto.org

International Society for Aviation Photography
www.aviationphoto.org
ISAPboard@aviationphoto.org

https://www.facebook.com/ISAPorg
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jeff D. Welker

UPDATED SYMPOSIUM INFO

Final plans for the 2013 ISAP symposium field trip are just about complete. The board hopes to finalize details within the next two weeks. At this point, we can say that the field trip will incorporate a visit to the Boeing Future of Flight, adjacent to the Boeing manufacturing plant at Paine Field in Everett, Washington, as well as the Museum of Flight in Seattle.

Also, the board has reached out to military bases in the area, and it appears that we again will be able to offer a special pre-symposium trip for a limited number of members. This optional event will not be covered by the ISAP symposium registration fee. When we announce the details of this pre-symposium trip, we also will announce the associated fee.

The board would like to thank the ISAP members in the Seattle area who have helped to arrange this year's field trip program. We are confident that this year's field trip will showcase the Pacific Northwest's unique and lengthy aviation history. 

For those who don't already know, the Symposium will be in Seattle at the Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center from May 16–18. You can book your rooms at the special ISAP rate of $99 through April 26. http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/pers ... .mc_id=POG]

The Symposium fee has been set at $275 until April 26. It will increase to $300 after that date.

To secure your attendance, visit the ISAP website: http://aviationphoto.org/?page_id=4348

We look forward to seeing all of you in Seattle!

If you have any questions, suggestions, or would like to volunteer, please
contact us at admin@aviationphoto.org

International Society for Aviation Photography
www.aviationphoto.org
ISAPboard@aviationphoto.org

https://www.facebook.com/ISAPorg
https://www.facebook.com/groups/83013491465/ (ISAP members only)

P.O. Box 24474
Edina, MN
USA
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

They're charging admission for a visit to a military base?
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

I'm guessing here, but I believe the charges are related to arranging bus transportation from the symposium site to the air base. There may also be some food and beverage costs involved. I just don't know for sure.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ