Returning to Photography with a vengance

Started by Stephen Marshall, February 26, 2013, 11:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Marshall

So its been a long time since I've been active here, or with photography for that matter, gear trouble and all. But I'm finally getting back into things. I bought a 50mm f/1.8 a few months ago and fell in love with it and tomorrow I receive my brand new 70-200 f/4 L USM lens and Canon 430EX Speedlite. I've found a passion for portraits in my time without a telephoto and hope to be focusing on that more now.

As such, I have started a venture into my own photography side-business. Still looking into details about what I need to do to make it legal/official but I'm excited to at least try and make some money on the side. Just did a family shoot and have a wedding (I'm just a back-up candid photographer) and 2 engagement shoots lined up to expand my portfolio.

Hope to make it out to some Fly-ins or airports soon and look forward to getting back behind the shutter!
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

Matt Ottosen

Stephen, good luck! I have shot many weddings, and the second shooter/candid photographer is the absolute best position. You will have the opportunity to get the best and most memorable shots from the wedding. Don't worry about the quantity of shots you get, just the quality. You're capturing the moment, so don't be afraid to invade people's space. And, most importantly, have fun.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Stephen Marshall

I'm very excited for the position, no stress about getting the necessary shots, and I love candids. Fortunately its a very close group of friends for the most part so I'm not to worried about personal boundaries  ;D
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.