News:

In Memory of Jay Beckmam
1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Photoshop help?

Started by Joe Copalman, September 10, 2009, 04:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Hey guys - looking for some non-aviation help with Photoshop. 

My wife and I paid a friend to shoot our daughter's 12-month portraits, and the results are pretty bad.  Not sure if it was the lighting or her camera settings or editing, but in the photos that are actually in focus (only about half of them), my daughter's skin look yellow in the lighter areas and red in the darker areas (imagine a baby with both jaundice and a sunburn).  Additionally, many of the shots are totally blown-out.  I've tried correcting some of these issues through photoshop by adjusting the levels and color balance, but I rarely take or edit photos of other human beings, so I feel like I'm making it up as I go along.  The photos I tried to edit came out a bit better, but her skin is still yellow and the background is slightly blue instead of pink.  If anyone with portraiture experience has any tips, I'd greatly appreciate it.  If you want to take a look at what I'm up against, let me know and I can email you the photos so you can tell me what adjustments I should try making (I'd much rather learn by doing than farm this stuff out and learn nothing). 

Thanks!

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

Melenie has edited a lot of wedding portraits, so she's pretty good at editing people.  She said that you can email her some of them and she'll try to fix them.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Joe Copalman

Cool.

Melenie at yourlastnamephotography?
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

That email works, or the Gmail address on her AzAP profile.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.