In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

Canon Answer to Nikon D600

Started by Paul Dumm, September 14, 2012, 11:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Dumm

http://photorumors.com/2012/09/14/canon-eos-6d-specifications/

I do not use a Canon, but it's time that these two just played nice and made cameras that someo0ne will use.  ;D
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

BillOz

First off, that's a rumor site, which is frequently off base.

Second, with each maker having sold tens of millions of DSLR cameras, not counting Point & Shoot models, I'd say they are making cameras that people will use.

Third, what does playing nice have to do with anything as far as new camera models?  To play nice, they would make cameras which used universal lens mounts.

Now I may not see that the new models are what I want, or see that they are better than the competition, but it's the competition, (not playing nice) which requires each maker devleop new models with new features.

Sorry to not play nice with your post.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Paul Dumm

Bill, its all cool. I got a LOT of more important thing in my life to worry about then anyone being nice about one of my post, it's all water under the bridge.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

BillOz

Well, here are the specs from DPReview on the new Canon 6D.

Canon EOS 6D key specifications for roughly $2100 body only.
•20.2MP full frame CMOS sensor
•DIGIC 5+ image processor
•ISO 100-25600 standard, 50-102800 expanded
•4.5 fps continuous shooting
•'Silent' shutter mode
•1080p30 video recording, stereo sound via external mic
•11 point AF system, center point cross-type and sensitive to -3 EV
•63 zone iFCL metering system
•97% viewfinder coverage; interchangeable screens (including Eg-D grid and Eg-S fine-focus)
•1040k dot 3:2 3" ClearView LCD (fixed)
•Single SD card slot
•Built-in Wi-Fi and GPS
•Single-axis electronic level

If you're a Canon shooter and want a full frame, it's the least costly option, but otherwise it doesn't seem to hold up against the competition for the money as far as features go, but it's the image quality that will really tell the tale.  Either way, too much dough for my hobbyist ways and means.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Chris Kennedy

Another difference is that the Nikon D600 will be available tomorrow and the Canon might be available in December. Lately, Canon seems to announce new products that will be out on a certain date and then postpones that date, sometime multiple times. In the interim, they're probably going to lose a lot of sales to Nikon.
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission