How To Build A Better Cat...

Started by Jay Beckman, June 04, 2012, 12:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Beckman

SOOC

Finished Image

Photoshop CS6 Layers

NOTE: Layer #2 (from the top) needs a Layer Property of "Luminance" in order for the B&W layer to work its magic...  Also, IIRC, I took a 50% Luminance brush and by painting over the concrete areas, dialed back the texture effect generated by the B&W Layer.

Prior to exporting the image to CS6, I performed basic adjustments (crop, leveling, WB, Exposure and Sharpening in LR4 .. The SOOC wasn't quite so rough looking leaving LR4.)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Very nice.  Aside from some "ghosting" of the telephone lines, the finished product is much better than the original, yet still looks natural.

On the ghosting thing, I've started using a lower intensity on the clone setting (usually between 60-70%) and making a few passes instead of one pass at a higher intensity (80%+).  Makes the effect much more subtle and natural-looking, especially in blended sky/background situations.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Good thinking on the wire removal...

Despite all the advances in cloning, content aware fill (and now content aware MOVE!), long, straight, thin lines are still a PITA to deal with...

I probably should have zoomed in farther and worked in smaller chunks.  Need to revisit that...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

jslugman

James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"