News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Holy cow! Someone wants to buy one of my pics!

Started by scottcolbath, April 25, 2012, 10:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottcolbath

The L-39.

The only issue is that I honestly know nothing about giving this guy the best quality image. All I have been doing for the last five years on all my pics is a little PP, then converting to JPEG for use on the web, or casual sharing of small prints. I've been telling myself for a long time now that I will dig into learning about proper image sizing, printing and all that stuff, yet I have not done that.

Can anyone offer a link to some good reading, or advice on this topic?

S.C.

Rick Arthur

You could send the original file to Adorama, and let them take care of you.  They are usually great.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Rick Arthur on April 25, 2012, 11:59:14 AM
You could send the original file to Adorama, and let them take care of you.  They are usually great.

I'll look into that, but I'm a Smugmug member, so I'd assume they offer something as well.

Time to do some digging.  8)

S.C.

Paul Dumm

Question. what is BuNo ???  See below.

A cracking pic! Any chance you can quote the BuNo for this CH-53E (YJ46) please? It overflew me at Miramar a few months ago!

What is he asking? To buy or just info.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

scottcolbath

Quote from: Paul Dumm on April 26, 2012, 02:41:04 PM

A cracking pic!

Wiki says it's Filipino wrestling.  :o

Any chance you can quote the BuNo for this CH-53E (YJ46) please? It overflew me at Miramar a few months ago!

Is there supposed to be a picture here I am not seeing?

What is he asking? To buy or just info.

He wants to buy, but didn't specify a print or the digital image. I replied with that question. I'm waiting for a response.

S.C.

Joe Copalman

Quote from: scottcolbath on April 26, 2012, 06:50:07 PM
Quote from: Paul Dumm on April 26, 2012, 02:41:04 PM

Wiki says it's Filipino wrestling.  :o

Pretty sure this is my favorite answer ever to the BuNo question.

(It's short for Bureau Number, the Navy/Marine equivalent to Air Force serial numbers).
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

Thanks Joe and Scott. That is what I was thinking but was not sure just whanted to make sure befor I replyed.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

scottcolbath

This thread has gone to hell in a handbasket.  ;D

S.C.