News:

In Memory of Jay Beckmam
1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Camera Straps

Started by Chris Janes, February 11, 2014, 07:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Janes

I'm looking at getting a better strap setup for my 7D. I've looked at the Blackrapid, op/tech, and carry speed straps. Just wondering what some of you might be using and recommend.

KeithS

I have three of the "Cinch" straps from Luma Labs.  One end attaches to the left strap mount point and the other to the bottom of the camera, with an included arca-compatible plate, or in my case, to an L plate.  This setup allows the camera to hang lens down.  They work for me.

azspyder

I swear by the Black Rapid straps. I have a single strap and a two camera rig/harness and I love them both.

Jay Beckman

I swear by OpTech for "normal" camera strap use but the Dual Black Rapid is just awesome for "run & gun" style shooting where you have a wide to normal lens on one body and normal to moderate telephoto on a second body.  You can literally drop one camera and grab the other without a worry.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

+1 on what Jay said.  Optech is great, and I'm looking forward to getting the Dual Black Rapids rig for two-body shooting. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Chris Janes

Thanks for the replies everyone...B&H will be getting some of money this weekend.