In Memory of Jay Beckmam
1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Arizona Highways

Started by Jeff D. Welker, January 19, 2012, 02:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

My Friends:

Since it is one of Arizona's real treasures and the best of its kind in all of America, I thought it would be appropriate to start a thread on Arizona Highways. From time to time, they publish issues and articles that would be of interest to aviation shooters. Other times, they publish an issue or article that just appeals to photographers in general. Accordingly, I thought we could post information regarding those types of Arizona Highways issues that would be of interest; especially to non-subscribers. If nothing else, I won't be at all surprised when one or more of our ranks are published in AZ Highways someday.

I'll start this off with a "heads-up" regarding the February issue. As you know, Arizona is celebrating its' centennial this coming February and AZ Highways has produced a special "100 YEARS IN PICTURES" edition. I picked-up my copy and found it very interesting. The history captured in these particular images are priceless IMHO.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jay Beckman

Jeff,

You'll find (I think) three images in that issue by a Suzanne Mathia...

Little known fact: Just five years ago, she was a Friends of AZ Highways photo tour volunteer who simply wrangled people on photo outings.  She went, in essence, from "Zero" to "Heroine" in a very short period of time.

She's had several covers, many back covers and inside back covers and even a couple full photo essays published.  She doesn't shoot aviation, but she's inspiring none the less in terms of "living the dream."

Proud to say she's a member emeritus of the Desert Light Photography Group.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.