Is Kingman photographer-friendly?

Started by Jim Baker, January 30, 2012, 06:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Baker

I'm thinking of taking a friend and a 172 up to Kingman.  Does Kingman freak out about people walking the line and photographing the planes? 
------------------
Takeoffs are optional.  Landings are mandatory.

Jay Beckman

I think some guys have been up there to look around from land side but not sure about air side.

You might consider calling ahead and warn them that two shooters will be flying in so that they expect you and don't freak out.

I suspect parts of the airport may be more visitor friendly than others.  I have a hunch that the mothballed airline side may not be as friendly as some other areas.  Just a hunch though.  That's a lot of money sitting idle.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Ned and Barry were planning on hitting up Kingman yesterday on their way to Vegas.  I just tried calling Ned, but just got his voicemail.  Hopefully he or Barry will weigh in on this soon.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Chris Janes

I fly up there fairly often and have walked the line of aircraft parked on the ramp East of the restaurant with no problem.  Just be cautious of the red line outlining the parking spot for the Beech 1900 or Dash-8 that Skywest operates in and out of there. TSA does monitor it and I know the County Sheriff has been there the last two times I was there. Coincidence? probably. Restaurant is your typical greasy spoon airport restaurant...Closed on Mondays. If your flying in I wouldn't see to much of a problem walking the ramp, but who knows.