News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

MiGs

Started by BillOz, August 01, 2009, 08:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjorn van der Flier

Showing off it's power at RAF Fairford at the 2013 RIAT, Polish Airforce MiG-29A

111 by Bjorn vd Flier, on Flickr
Bjorn van der Flier
Editor Showreports Scramble Magazine
-----------------------------------------
PO Box 75545
1118 ZN Schiphol
The Netherlands
E-mail: Bjorn.van.der.flier@scramble.nl
        Showreports@scramble.nl

Internet: www.scramble.nl

KfirGuy

Seeing Anna's post from CWAM here in Texas got me thinking about their fixed wing assets, and the former-Bulgarian AF MiGs in particular. While the Flogger has since vanished, they still have the Fishbed. Seeing the Flogger do it's thing was a real treat too!

IMG_4110 by Nicholas Peterman, on Flickr

IMG_4281 by Nicholas Peterman, on Flickr

IMG_9120_filtered by Nicholas Peterman, on Flickr

Jay Beckman

Photoshop Fun with the former resident of Ryan...

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Tower Guy

I'd pay a good price to take processing tips from a pro, what do say Jay!  Your work always seems unattainable to me, I don't need company secrets, just some good fundamentals. Beautiful work, always!

Jay Beckman

I can help people with the mechanics of LR or PS but the types of images you create with those mechanics have to come from the head and the heart...

The style of the top image above comes from trial and error with different filters in PS over the last few months.  The bottom layer came from roughly three hours of LR, PS and Perfect Effects 8.
Sometimes you can be inspired to create and sometimes you have to force yourself to burn some midnight oil and let inspiration find you.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Tower Guy

Best looking Mig17 I have ever seen. Nice work Vance.

wingsnstuff

Thanks for the kind words Harvey.  He surprised everyone when he came blasting down the runway at something below 50 feet, and to our surprise, he did it again a few minutes later.  What a thrill to see that.  (Slightly below the Airshow Hard Deck  ;D