Intuition - Sometimes It Works

Started by Jeff D. Welker, August 27, 2011, 05:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

I was scheduled to go with Jay to Valle today. I also had a daughter-in-law that was 9-months pregnant and ready to calve-out. My intuition kept eating at my gut and telling me to stay close to the barn - just in case. Accordingly, I wimped-out on Jay and stayed home. Normally my intuition is wrong and I ultimately regret giving it any serious consideration. Man am I glad I paid attention this time. At approximately 10:45 AM this morning, my 3rd grandchild and 1st granddaughter was borne. I would have kicked myself for missing it and spent a small fortune trying to charter a private flight from Williams to Mesa post haste. Now I'll just spend a small fortune on the granddaughter  ;D

Here she is - a petite 6 lbs. 5 oz. and 19". You'd think a guy with a couple of DSLR's would have a camera on hand for the big moment. Nope; I ended up using my iPhone - not too bad an image.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Matt Ottosen

Congratulations, Jeff!!  BTW, this is way better than any airplane shot with a fancy DSLR!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Bubak

mrblujet

wingsnstuff

scottcolbath