1971 Aircraft Register

Started by Chris Kennedy, September 21, 2012, 03:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Kennedy

I just obtained a January 1, 1971 U.S. Civil Aircraft Register. If anybody has any old photos of aircraft of that vintage with N-numbers that you need to identify, let me know and I'll see if they're listed.
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

JWAir

Hello Chris,

Nice valuable find you have there! I wish I could get my hands on a few of those. Sadly, I have to settle for the bizjet and bizprop books along with some of the jetliner and vintage prop production lists to keep all of my databases up to date.

In terms of 1971.....I do have one slide that I need some info on. It is a Swearingen SA-26AT Merlin II registered N4273X. It was taken at Oakland International Airport (KOAK) in December of 1971. That is all of the info I have on it. If you have and can give me the construction number along with the owner at the time....that would help me out quite a bit!

Thanks!

JWAir

Also have a few Beech Queen Airs from the late 1960s and early 1970s that might be in there....

N88RB C/N ? Owner ? taken Sep. 1973
N3039W C/N ? Owner ? taken Oct. 1973
N8297 C/N ? Owner ? taken Oct. 1969
N900KC C/N ? Owner ? taken at Indianapolis International Airport (KIND) May 30th, 1968
N517UC C/N ? Owner ? taken at Oakland International Airport (KOAK) Sep. 1969

Chris Kennedy

N4273X   c/n T26-170  1970  Swearingen SA-26AT  Airesearch Aviation Co.  Los Angeles

N8297  c/n LC-55  1960  Beech 65  Commercial Chemicals Inc.  Seattle

N900KC  c/n LD-322  no year listed  Beech 65-B80  Kimberly Clark Corp.  Neenah, WI
(apparently now N65GC)

The rest aren't listed.
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

JWAir

Quote from: Chris Kennedy on September 21, 2012, 10:24:05 PM
N4273X   c/n T26-170  1970  Swearingen SA-26AT  Airesearch Aviation Co.  Los Angeles

N8297  c/n LC-55  1960  Beech 65  Commercial Chemicals Inc.  Seattle

N900KC  c/n LD-322  no year listed  Beech 65-B80  Kimberly Clark Corp.  Neenah, WI
(apparently now N65GC)

The rest aren't listed.

Thanks a lot for this info Chris.....it really helps. I myself am working on a book on the Beech King Air and Queen Air series of business aircraft, and I am also helping a friend with a book on the Merlin / Metroliner; that's why I am always on the lookout for such information to pair with the slides in my collection.

Not sure if you saw the post from a while back or not.....but if you are free on October 20th, you might just enjoy the Slidetoberfest show down here in Chandler. We are holding it at the Chandler La Quinta at I-10 and Chandler. Lots of people from around the world will be bringing slides and older negatives to show, trade, and sell. You seem to have an appreciation for aviation history that would be more than welcome at this show. One individual will be bringing black and white negatives of aircraft from the 1930s and 1940s.......a little more historically accurate than hitting the black and white button in PhotoShop! Also have a couple of folks bringing slides from the Vietnam war to sell and exhibit during the show at the end of the night. You might find it enjoyable if you can find the time to make it this year. We have been holding the show for the past 15 or so years and are always looking for new people to widen the show's focus. Anyways, here is a link to the show's thread here on AZAP:

http://azaerophoto.com/forum/index.php?topic=1904.0

We would love to have you there! If the weather the following day is favorable.....I was considering going down for the Cessna 120 / 140 event at Ryan Field you alerted us to.....awesome little aircraft those things are!