News:

In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

Wireless

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 10, 2009, 11:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Ottosen

This is a test post from my BB. It looks like the forums have a built-in mobile interface. It's pretty basic, but the functionality is pretty good.

I'm looking for mobile options to keep everyone updated while I'm on Summer Tour with Sentimental Journey.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

leaky_tiki

I logged into the site with my iPhone and got the same version as on the computer.  Looks good!

Boyd Coleman
Phoenix, AZ

All images © Boyd Coleman, all rights reserved.

Matt Ottosen

I created a BlackBerry browser shortcut icon to link directly from your phone's home screen to the AzAP Forum via your phone's default browser.  The cursor hover description is "AzAP Forum" and the icon is the group's logo.

If you would like this for your phone just send me an email and I'll send you the .cod file.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

Matt Ottosen

I created a mobile phone app for AzAP.  It's fairly basic, but it does keep you up to date with forum and blog posts.  Currently it is only available as a web-based app, but will be available on Android, iPhone, and Nokia platforms in the very near future.  BlackBerry and Windows Phone 7 are also being looked into.  If you are interested just point your phone's browser here:

http://azap.mobapp.at/

I will let you all know when the app is available on Android, iPhone, and Nokia.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

cpasley

Man does that mean I have to break down and get a phone now?!?

Matt Ottosen

Okay, this app is going to remain a web-based app only (at least for now), unfortunately it is too expensive and will not be introduced to any phone as a native app.

Here is the pricing just to develop the native app:

Apple: $99
Android: $25
Nokia: €1

Remember, you can always access this app through your phone's browser at:

http://azap.mobapp.at/
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ