Started by Chris Kennedy, March 16, 2011, 07:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Joe Copalman

Excellent.  I had no idea he'd moved on to a flying billet, good for him.  He was a ground FAC for a while.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

My darling wife (who keeps up on such things) tells me that William will be finishing his current assignment with Kate in tow and they will be living in Married Officers Quarters like everyone else...
(With the exception of the heavily armed detail within spitting distance.)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Chris Kennedy

Quote from: Jay Beckman on May 02, 2011, 06:57:38 PM
My darling wife (who keeps up on such things) tells me that William will be finishing his current assignment with Kate in tow and they will be living in Married Officers Quarters like everyone else...
(With the exception of the heavily armed detail within spitting distance.)

Apparently, it's not exactly like everybody else. This is from a web site in the UK, posted pre-wedding.

William has in recent months been living in a secluded cottage in RAF Valley, where Kate could visit privately. He's likely to keep this residence for the rest of his posting.

RAF Valley is the name of the base. It's way out on the NW tip of Wales, only about 70 miles across the Irish Sea from Dublin. He supposedly will be there another two years.

Harry has finished his Apache training, by the way.

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

jslugman

Valley is a very nice place, very near the Mach Loop low fly area.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: jslugman on May 02, 2011, 07:45:32 PM
Valley is a very nice place, very near the Mach Loop low fly area.

Ah the Mach Loop - the stuff of my dreams  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Paul Dumm

And when he gets done there he's going to my neck of the woods, Suffolk. He will be at Wattisham airfield.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

jslugman

Quote from: Paul Dumm on May 02, 2011, 08:13:18 PM
And when he gets done there he's going to my neck of the woods, Suffolk. He will be at Wattisham airfield.

If they keep any bases open in Britain.   :(
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Harry Morrow

There are 2 things I miss so dearly about the UK since I got here just over a year ago, 1. proper fish & chips 2. The Mach Loop.
Harry Morrow

www.harrymorrowphotography.com
www.flickr.com/harrymorrowphotography

Joe Copalman

Quote from: jslugman on May 02, 2011, 08:53:24 PM
If they keep any bases open in Britain.   :(

Oh, they'll keep Lakenheath and Mildenhall open.  The "colonists" are going to be the Defenders of the Realm.

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

What make's every one think that it's an US base??? You know the Britsh do have there own bases.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Joe Copalman

The point is that they won't need their own bases if they keep slashing their air force.  Harriers and Tornado F.3s have been completely retired, Sentinel is due to be retired in a few years, Nimrod MRA4 was canceled - at this rate, there won't be anything but a few Typhoons to supplement Lakenheath's F-15s down the road.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

Sorry for my last post I did that way way to early in the morning and I was half asleep with no coffee. So ifI peed in any ones pond I'm Sorry.

Chris Kennedy

Quote from: Joe Copalman on May 03, 2011, 08:32:03 AM
The point is that they won't need their own bases if they keep slashing their air force.  Harriers and Tornado F.3s have been completely retired, Sentinel is due to be retired in a few years, Nimrod MRA4 was canceled - at this rate, there won't be anything but a few Typhoons to supplement Lakenheath's F-15s down the road.

Don't forget the F-35.  :D
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ