Current aircraft out at Gus' paint shop here in Wickenburg

Started by scottcolbath, February 25, 2011, 09:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottcolbath

Short Tucano.

M-S Paris trainer.

Cessna Bird Dog.

The Bird Dog is leaving today, around lunch time. I'm going to try and get over to shoot that. The other two are not flight ready just yet. This plane was in Yugoslavia for 25 years. I'm not sure if it was just brough back recently, or if it's been here for a while.

S.C.

Joe Copalman

Both the Tucano and the Paris might be worth the trip up there.  Thanks for the heads-up, and keep us posted if you can.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Quote from: Joe Copalman on February 25, 2011, 11:25:58 AM
Both the Tucano and the Paris might be worth the trip up there.  Thanks for the heads-up, and keep us posted if you can.

They only have the fuselage for the Tucano at this point. I guess the rest is on the way.

I'll surely let you know when the Tucano and Pasris are departing.

S.C.

scottcolbath

Joe, Gus told me today that he is likely getting a lot more Tucanos out there. The one he had there today was in a sling. Just the fuselage.

The Paris is close to done. I'll post up when I know a departure date.

S.C.

Joe Copalman

Sweet!  Are the Tucanos from RS Warbirds, or are these newly-imported ones?
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Quote from: Joe Copalman on February 26, 2011, 12:20:21 AM
Sweet!  Are the Tucanos from RS Warbirds, or are these newly-imported ones?

Not sure. I'll ask next time I'm out there.

RS is the guy over at Deer Valley, right?

S.C.

scottcolbath

Coming home from Phoenix today, the Tucano passed me on a trailer, heading back towards phoenix. I pinged Gus and he said they (whoever that may be) picked up the fuselage and dropped off the wings. I have no idea why they are doing it this way.

The Paris departs some time this coming Monday.

Joe, I forgot to ask him about the source of the Tucano. I'll ping him tomorrow about that.

S.C.