Flickr Photo Posting Problems

Started by Jeff D. Welker, February 22, 2011, 03:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I NEED HELP!

I must be the biggest moron posting on this site. It seems that not a day goes by where one or more of the photos I post disappears and is replaced by a flickr generated message saying "This photo is currently unavailable". I know that many (if not most) of the folks posting on this forum use flickr. I don't see the same problems with your photos as I do with mine - what the heck am I doing wrong?

I upload photos directly to flickr from the "publish" funciton offered in LR3. I then paste the "img" address from flickr into each post. It seems to work just fine for a day or so; however, inevitebly the photo dissapears and leaves the wonderful "unavailable" message. At first, I thought it might be the result of how LR3 works with flickr when I update a particular image. While that could be the culprit, it is also happening on photos that I've not touched in any way since I first posted them.

I apologize for being such a dolt. Don't hesitate to call me names or identify my lack of brain cells as long as you help me get his resolved.

Thanks.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Chris Kennedy

Jeff,

Try this procedure to link your photos from Flickr.

1. Select the photo you want to share in the forum.
2. Click on the "Share this" drop-down arrow.
3. Click on "Grab the HTML/BBCode"
4. Select the image size you wish to post from the drop down list.
5. Click the radio button "BBCode"
6. Highlight the first four lines of code. (Actually, this is really only two lines, but it is wrapped in the box. What you want ends with "[/url]".) Hit Ctrl + C to copy it.
7. Paste the into the message box on the forum using Ctrl + V. You should have two lines ending with "[/url]".
8. Done
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Jeff D. Welker

Chris:

If this works, I will definately owe you lunch some day. I was doing everything you noted except copying the first four lines. I was only copying the to part in the middle. I used your complete technique to fix one of my messed-up images - it seemed to work great.

Hopefully, it will solve my problems.

Many thanks.

Jeff
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Chris Kennedy

Glad to help.

Also, if you use the 'replace this photo' procedure in Flickr for any of the photos you have linked to this forum, you might want to replace the BBCode in the forum message. For some reason the link code sometimes changes when you do that.

Chris
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission