Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Brian Corbett

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Joe Copalman

Massive respect for the amount of time I am sure that took.

Have you tried an edit with the cockpit highlights darkened a bit?  Might make for an even more dramatic effect. Plus, I look at it this and I can hear my Dad shouting "TURN THE LIGHT OFF BACK THERE YOU'RE GOING TO CAUSE AN ACCIDENT!" from the front seat of his Buick circa 1985.   
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Brian Corbett

Thanks, Joe!

It didn't take nearly as long as you might think. I believe I spent no more than 30 minutes on it in order to get the plane totally isolated. I darkened the cockpit a TON already, but I'll definitely go back and try to knock to down even more.

This is the one hangar shot that I really liked out of the many I took.
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Joe Copalman

I forget which editing software you're using, but the masks in Lightroom now are awesome for stuff like this. 

If you're using Photoshop, doing a separate edit for the cockpit and copy/pasting the relevant bits into the main edit is a sort of sledgehammer way of solving the same problem.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Or layer the different ?exposures? and paint in the replacement via a mask?
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.