Former UP "Big Boy" at Steamtown in PA:

She's seen some better times:

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

jslugman

"92 Squadron" Battle of Britain class steam locomotive chugging along through Sheringham, Norfolk, England.

"92 Squadron" locomotive under steam by James O'Rear ts0170 by James "JSlugman" O'Rear, on Flickr
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

F-16_fixer

What the heck I'll play

-Chris-

cpasley

Face it most of us our gearheads in one way or another so trains come natural ,I love the pic Chris so if you have more keep em coming

cpasley

That is one ride I always wanted to go on even more so I think then the Grand Canyon railroad plus now that I always have a camera in hand I want to go more so than ever  :P ,so Vance did you ride that day?

wingsnstuff

Yes I did.  It was a wonderful trip and the views were spectacular.  I've also taken the Grand Canyon train but the Verde Canyon Railroad tour has much better views while on the train. Although you can't beat the Grand Canyon for photographic opportunities once you arrive there and they have a stagged train robery on the way back from the Grand Canyon. The Verde Canyon train also have open flat cars for photographers to get unobstructed views and they do sell snacks and drinks as well.. 

jslugman

We're taking my two younger girls to do the Santa Train out of Wilcox (I think that's right) so I'll be on the lookout for train images. Do they swap train-robbing cowboys for mad elves during the Christmas season?!?!?!?
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

wingsnstuff

We (my wife and I) took the train around Christmas and it was just cowboys (sorry no elves) that hold up the train.  The train departs from and returns to Williams, Arizona.

jslugman

I knew it has a "W" in there...  ;D
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY