News:

In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

New Flickr problem

Started by jslugman, June 25, 2010, 12:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jslugman

I must have been in the sun too long today. Somehow I opted into the new flickr photo page and the old way of linking to my images isn't working. Any one else fighting this?

I'd much rather link to where I have them posted, then I only have to do it once. 'Cause I'm all over being lazy....
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Joe Copalman

I've been meaning to post a "how-to" on this, but I got babies n'shit flyin' around over here.

Quick and dirty synopsis -

1. Select photo you want to share in the forum.
2. Click on "Share This" drop-down arrow.
3. Click on "Grab the HTML"
4. Select the image size you wish to post (Medium, Large, other Medium, etc)
5. Highlight the code in the box and hit CTRL+C to copy it.
6. Go to http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/html2bbcode/ or that other one Matt just posted and paste the code into the conversion box by highlighting all the default text in there and then hitting CRTL+V to paste the HTML from your photo over it.
7. Click "Convert."
8. Copy and paste the new code into a forum entry on AzAP.
9. I think you're done. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

jslugman

Ah, I get it. Many thanks and good luck with your in-house flying debris field.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

phantomphan1974

Anyone having issues with the new layout today.  Here at work on my break, and its getting runtime issues.   Anyone less having problems?  At home not sure, but I know adding photos is an issue with photos bleed over the formated area.  I use firefox so not sure if thats part of the problem.
Damon Duran
Co: Founder: Aviation Photographers of Southern California www.ApSoCal.com
Orange County Sheriff PSR-Air Support Unit Photographer

Rob Silliman

Not seeing any issues w/ Flickr today - and I am running Firefox 3.5.9 (and Firefox appears to have just released 3.5.10).

Joe Copalman

I'm with Rob - haven't noticed any issues today - except for just under 2500 page views from an "unknown source" in the span of two hours.  I typically average about 1,000 views a day, so this is pretty excessive, even in terms of "surge" days like after the White Knight or the 787 or stuff like that.

Any idea on how to track "Unknown Sources?"

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

jslugman

I have one similar, detail said there was an error that day and number may be reported in error or something to that effect.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Chris Kennedy

Quote from: Joe Copalman on June 25, 2010, 01:05:30 AM
I've been meaning to post a "how-to" on this, but I got babies n'shit flyin' around over here.

Quick and dirty synopsis -

1. Select photo you want to share in the forum.
2. Click on "Share This" drop-down arrow.
3. Click on "Grab the HTML"
4. Select the image size you wish to post (Medium, Large, other Medium, etc)
5. Highlight the code in the box and hit CTRL+C to copy it.
6. Go to http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/html2bbcode/ or that other one Matt just posted and paste the code into the conversion box by highlighting all the default text in there and then hitting CRTL+V to paste the HTML from your photo over it.
7. Click "Convert."
8. Copy and paste the new code into a forum entry on AzAP.
9. I think you're done. 

There is actually an easier way to do this, at least I find it so. All the conversion site does is chop off everything after the first two lines of code.

Some of the selections on Flickr seem to have changed somewhat from Joe's instructions, so I'll list all of the steps of my method.

1. Select the photo you want to share in the forum.
2. Click on the "Share this" drop-down arrow.
3. Click on "Grab the HTML/BBCode"
4. Select the image size you wish to post from the drop down list.
5. Click the radio button "BBCode"
6. Highlight the first four lines of code. (Actually, this is really only two lines, but it is wrapped in the box. What you want ends with "[/url]".) Hit Ctrl + C to copy it.
7. Paste the into the message box on the forum using Ctrl + V. You should have two lines ending with "[/url]".
8. Done

This eliminates the extra steps of going to the conversion site and then copying the code again.
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Joe Copalman

Thanks for bumping this.  I actually posted this before Flickr added the BBCode option and neglected to update it.  But yes, if you are a Flickr user hotlinking your photos, just follow the steps Chris spells out above and you are g2g.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ